Fat Slobs Should Pay Extra

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
John Kulp

Default Fat Slobs Should Pay Extra

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:55:49 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Jorge W. Arbusto, Prezidentchul Candydate wrote:
20April wrote:
As far as I am concerned, if you can not fit into a plane seat, then
you should pay double for an extra seat.

If you are just a fat slob, even if a kid, then why should normal
people have to suffer, either from your surplus blubber occupying
THEIR space, or from your offensive STINK?

If you refuse to look after yourself, then you should pay.

Here in America, we have large guys known as NFL football players, who
sometimes fly with commercial carriers. Since they're hardly out of shape,
be sure to vociferously expound on your gripe, should you find yourself
seated next to one of them.

Particularly since the effort to fit more and more seats into a row has
resulted in airline seats so narrow even anorexic passengers have
trouble fitting into them!

So the nutbars like you can come out with ridiculous lies like this.
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

20April wrote:
As far as I am concerned, if you can not fit into a plane seat, then
you should pay double for an extra seat.

If you are just a fat slob, even if a kid, then why should normal
people have to suffer, either from your surplus blubber occupying
THEIR space, or from your offensive STINK?

If you refuse to look after yourself, then you should pay.

Here in America, we have large guys known as NFL football players, who
sometimes fly with commercial carriers. Since they're hardly out of
shape, be sure to vociferously expound on your gripe, should you find
yourself seated next to one of them.

Particularly since the effort to fit more and more seats into a row has
resulted in airline seats so narrow even anorexic passengers have trouble
fitting into them!

I don't believe any airline has narrowed the seats. They just cut down on
the pitch, which brings the rows closer together.

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Calif Bill

m...

20April wrote:
[...]

Some of the seats on planes were always narrower than others. I have had
pain from the hip bones hitting the edge of the seat. And that is years ago
on a TWA flight from London to SFO. I am a big guy, but not fat. My knees
always hit the seat in front in coach. Luckily when I traveled overseas for
business, I mostly flew Business. The TWA flight was because a flight got
cancelled and I got the last seat on another flight. Smoking area and
narrow seat. Suxed.

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air

20April wrote:
[...]

That, too, but they have CERTAINLY narrowed them considerably since I
first traveled by air! There used to be two seats on either side of a
fairly wide aisle, then it became three on one side, two on the other,
then three and three.... now it's half a dozen in the middle, PLUS three
and three. (And it used to be possible to walk past the flight
attendants' service cart to access a lavatory, without them having to
move the cart to an alcove to allow passage.) True, planes have gotten
bigger and wider, but not enough larger to allow for the number of
passengers they try to squeeze into "coach". (Even First Class is not
nearly so spacious as it once was.)
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:23 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

There used to be two seats on either side of a
fairly wide aisle, then it became three on one side, two on the other,
then three and three.... now it's half a dozen in the middle, PLUS three
and three.

What aircraft have you actually flown on with that configuration?

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

There used to be two seats on either side of a
fairly wide aisle, then it became three on one side, two on the other,
then three and three.... now it's half a dozen in the middle, PLUS three
and three.

What aircraft have you actually flown on with that configuration?

How should I know? I choose them by their destination, not their
model-numbers. (I may exaggerate the "half a dozen", but not by much,
and the rest is still true.)
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

There used to be two seats on either side of a
fairly wide aisle, then it became three on one side, two on the other,
then three and three.... now it's half a dozen in the middle, PLUS three
and three.

What aircraft have you actually flown on with that configuration?

How should I know? I choose them by their destination, not their
model-numbers. (I may exaggerate the "half a dozen", but not by much,
and the rest is still true.)

It was quite an exaggeration, and seat width hasn't changed much in
recent decades, so is hardly news. I suspect people are just getting
fatter. Seat pitch is the issue that annoys most people- except people
of my height!

Old August 4th, 2008, 10:47 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
John Kulp

20April wrote:
[...]

Brilliant analysis from the early 1900s.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
John Kulp

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:32:02 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

There used to be two seats on either side of a
fairly wide aisle, then it became three on one side, two on the other,
then three and three.... now it's half a dozen in the middle, PLUS three
and three.

What aircraft have you actually flown on with that configuration?

How should I know? I choose them by their destination, not their
model-numbers. (I may exaggerate the "half a dozen", but not by much,
and the rest is still true.)

She just makes them up like about half the stuff she posts.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
John Kulp

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:32:06 GMT, Larry in AZ
wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
said:

That, too, but they have CERTAINLY narrowed them considerably since I
first traveled by air! There used to be two seats on either side of a
fairly wide aisle, then it became three on one side, two on the other,
then three and three.... now it's half a dozen in the middle, PLUS three
and three. (And it used to be possible to walk past the flight
attendants' service cart to access a lavatory, without them having to
move the cart to an alcove to allow passage.) True, planes have gotten
bigger and wider, but not enough larger to allow for the number of
passengers they try to squeeze into "coach". (Even First Class is not
nearly so spacious as it once was.)

Agreed. I can remember when you could exit from a coach window seat without
everyone else needing to get completely out of their seats for you to get by.

And the seats and arm rests were wider as well.

Remember what fares you paid in today's dollars too?