Leisure Network Ltd

Old October 9th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Berto11

I'm glad that my God told me to do my research as indeed only Salvation is
Free! My wife and I were due to go out to Lakeside, Essex this afternoon!
Many thanks for your testimony as it will continue to save folks like us
who wish to give the benefit of the doubt!

Old October 12th, 2004, 10:26 PM
fred

This is very blad blah blah de blah, and pretty much tells the story
and format as it is performed every week twice a day by each TO (table
operator). If you have a better idea on how to sell a holiday product
, post it up here. Fact is, few complain who are owners. As for Mr
grey, he is is self styled, and calls himself a consumer association.
As for the TO's, they make several hundreds on each sale they make,
and the best of them are making dammed good money every single week.
These guys need targetting, by the IR, but since they hop around the
IR has a tricky old time to catch up with them. Over to you Mr Lawson.

----------------------------
A man phoned out of the blue, informing me that I was the lucky winner of
a free holiday. "Seven nights of luxury," he said. "In self-catering
accommodation." He wondered why I didn't sound more thrilled. The words
"no such thing as a free lunch" were on the tip of my tongue, but I admit
I was curious - if a little irritated by his asking me to confirm that I
was a) married; b) a homeowner; c) between the ages of 28-65; and d) in
receipt of a joint income of more than £18,000......

Old November 4th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Pandabear

Thank you very much for your detailed posting about this company. My
husband and I are naturally suspicious of these kind of marketing ploys,
and appreciate the fact that reading this has probably saved us a whole
day, what with travelling etc.

The method of approach was very similar with us, and having been caught
out once before by a company desperate to sell us something through such
hard sell, there is no way we will waste our time, energy etc.

I'm interested to hear about other people's experiences with this. By the
way, the Office for Fair Trading might be interested in hearing your
story. They have published a helpful leaflet about holiday clubs on the
net. (Go to www.oft.gov.uk and do a search for holiday clubs. The leaflet
is a pdf file. Their contact details are on page 7)