miracle cabin question

Old January 4th, 2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default miracle cabin question

Hi All,

I got my cabin assignment from Carnival for my Miracle cruise on March
5. I booked an 8A guarantee and was upgraded to an 8G extended balcony
(aft facing on verandah deck 7). I know my cabin assignment may still
change between now and then, but I was wondering if anyone had anything
to say, regarding these aft-facing cabins, as far as being visible from
above? Looks like I have nothing but cabins, above and below me, so I'm
not concerned about noise (and vibration shouldn't be too bad, that
high up). Just wondering how "stepped" that aft area is.

Thanks.

Lee

Old January 5th, 2006, 02:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

LeeNY wrote:

Just reposting to bring this back to the top. Busy rtc day yesterday,
and it got buried. Since then, my TA said that once Carnival assigns a
cabin for a guarantee, it's a confirmed cabin. Usually they don't
assign until day of sailing, according to her, but in this case, they
did? Anyone have any experience with Carnival guarantees, when you were
assigned a cabin, and if the cabin assignment held up until sailing?

Thanks.

Lee

Old January 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

LeeNY wrote:

Hi All,

I got my cabin assignment from Carnival for my Miracle cruise on March
5. I booked an 8A guarantee and was upgraded to an 8G extended balcony
(aft facing on verandah deck 7). I know my cabin assignment may still
change between now and then, but I was wondering if anyone had anything
to say, regarding these aft-facing cabins, as far as being visible from
above? Looks like I have nothing but cabins, above and below me, so I'm
not concerned about noise (and vibration shouldn't be too bad, that
high up). Just wondering how "stepped" that aft area is.

Thanks.

Lee

Lee, I enjoyed our aft facing balcony cabin. The laundry room was right
across the hall, so that was convenient. We felt the ship moving a
little more than usual, but it was not bad at all. I would book that
cabin again.

Enjoy your cruise.

Becca

Old January 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Becca wrote:
The laundry room was right
across the hall, so that was convenient.

Is there one of these on each deck? I'm on deck 7. Was there much
noise/smell from the laundry room? I'm not sure if that's a plus, or
not. I bring enough clothes for a week-long cruise so that I don't have
to do wash, so the fact that it's convenient doesn't mean much to me...

We felt the ship moving a
little more than usual, but it was not bad at all.

I had an aft cabin on Enchantment OTS and loved the extra balcony
space, and the view. Didn't notice much motion at all. And, I've had an
all-the-way forward on Zuiderdam. THAT cabin had A LOT of motion.
Always seem to feel more all the way forward than all the way aft. If
I'm gonna feel queasy, it's usually in the main theater...especially
when the curtain starts swaying...

I would book that
cabin again.

Excellent. Thanks, Becca. I can't wait for the cruise. I really, really
need a vacation, and I'm looking forward to a totally new and different
Carnival experience than my last...

Lee

Enjoy your cruise.

Becca

Old January 12th, 2006, 11:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Lee - we were aft as well on Miracle last week - 6thfloor - I am nealry
finished with long review (got a predicatble headcold when i returned)
just cleaning it up and adding picuteres. Will post as soon as it is
readable. Anyway, as far as the noise - We were right in front of
stairs and a bank of elevators which i was concerned about but the way
the the hallways are laid out - they are very noise efficient. As far
as laundry goes, I don't think that many avail themselves of it, but I
could be wrong. The ship's movement was felt a lot when they were
moving to get away from Tampa and cover ground but I was told that was
because the ship is more narrow than most. Nothing real disconcerting.
Not many were ill on the ship but ginger is soemthing I lalways bring
for nausea anyway. Ihave tosay though the firt night people were
really rocking as they were naviagted the didnign room and i saw a few
cath their balance. If you are prone to being quesy with motion
youmight be a bit uncomfortable, but we wre okay and it seemed everyone
else managed. Again it wasmore than iususally experience.

Old January 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

gingersnap wrote:
If you are prone to being quesy with motion
youmight be a bit uncomfortable, but we wre okay and it seemed everyone
else managed. Again it wasmore than iususally experience.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to read your review!!! I am kinda
prone to motion sickness (okay...really prone to it) but I am
well-drugged before even boarding the ship. I take Bonine - soon as I
leave the house (helps with the plane ride as well) and every day until
I'm back home. Except for a few really, really rough times at sea, it's
worked well for me. So, I'm really not THAT concerned with the motion
as much as with the noise from the laundry room. I don't even mind a
little vibration from the engines...reminds me I'm on a ship.

Lee

Old January 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I have written quite a bit but i want my husband to clean it up -my
typing is bad due to nerve damage,....can ya tell? ha
plu he can add in his two cents about the ports etc.

Old January 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We were on the Pride last week. They hand out these nice brochures
that tell about the new mattresses and bedding and they even give a
web page to sign on to buy them. We told them, Hey! how come we
don't have one of those great mattresses? We were in a Penthouse
suite. They replied, "we are starting from the bottom decks to the
top decks. So, I guess one might say, they are moving along. But,
they shouldn't imply that we loved the matresses so much that we are
ready to purchase one. Our bed was twin COTS pressed together and it
was quite hard. Nice room though. Very large.
You could never take a step without falling over kids. Kids of all
ages were on board. Some were roudy, but most were well behaved.
Arlene