wine and travel

Old February 16th, 2009, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ned Ned

Default wine and travel

Hi guys, I live in Spain and I love wine. Spain is one of those
countries one may hardly find any foreign wines but few french, italian,
german, and some south american wines. In general 99,99% of the spanish
market is predominated by local Spanish wines (most of them are
excellent I must admit). Hungarian Tokaj is also available although
difficult to be found and somewhat overpriced. IŽbe been tasting some
Bulgarian wines about 15 years ago (I used to live in UK at that time),
and they were OK, whites as well as reds were famous in UK (Tesco,
Saintsburry, etc. had sold a lot of Bulgarian Chardonnay!). I have to
confess IŽve been always curious about Bulgarian (and Romanian) wines,
seems they have some excellent boutique reds. But, up to date it was not
possible to find any of them in Spain. This info may be useful for those
english speakers that live in Spain (thereŽre plenty of them), those who
have tasted Bulgaria wine, or those who havenŽt but may be interested in
tasting it. My parents are of Bulgarian origin, although I grew up
in-between UK and Spain, so this explain my interest towards the
bulgarian wines.

--
Ned Ned
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com