Vision of the Seas coastal, Alaskan itineraries

Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Vision of the Seas coastal, Alaskan itineraries

Well, we made our final payments yesterday so it is real (or will be,
when the credit card bills come in for the cruise and flights :-) ).

Any thoughts on favourite spots on the ship (RCI Vision) -- lounges?
kids' program? alternative dining? (I always find it interesting to
hear about what other pepole (dis?) liked about their ships since
literally, YMMV!) This will be our second cruise for our 3.5 yo, and
they are excited about going back to "a big boat with a 'cool" (school
- aka kids' program).

Any thoughts about your favourite activities or memories of our
upcoming ports, welcomed:

San Pedro (incl one night pre-cruise)
San Francisco (friends may meet up with us for a day in port)
Victoria B.C. (ditto!)
Vancouver (where my mother in law is getting on the ship to join us for
a week!)
Icy Straight
Skagway
(some other northern port I can't recall ATM)
Seattle (half day sightseeing? Will be driving to Vancouver that
evening)

I've put some guide books on hold at the library but thought I'd ask
'the experts'....

--Barbara
who thinks it's wonderful to be back planning a cruise again, and back
on rtc :-)

Old March 4th, 2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Barbara" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Having cruised Alaska on the "Legend of the Seas" which is slightly
different but in the same class as the "Vision", I would get a good seat
in the "Viking Crown Lounge" for viewing the scenery while underway.

Neil