Separated whilst on plane

Old October 25th, 2009, 11:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
john royce

Default Separated whilst on plane

In a short while my wife and I are coming back from Tokyo airport to London
airport with all nippon airlines.

We are coming back on the same plane, but it's just worked out that
she has got business class and I'm in economy class.

At the moment we cannot spare the funds for me to upgrade. We would like to
be together on the plane.

Is there anything we might say to ANA staff at check in, or later whilst on
the plane; that might induce them to give me a free upgrade if they have any
spare seats in business class so we could sit together? In other words what
are the magic words to say?

Old October 25th, 2009, 11:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
A Mate[_2_]

it's just worked out that she has got business class and I'm in economy
class.

Probably just because she's paid (or someone else has paid for her) to
travel Business Class, and you haven't!! Strange that!!

But - YES!! - You can also fly Business Class - just pay the extra fare!

No magic words - that kind of magic requires CASH!

Old October 25th, 2009, 01:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:14:42 -0000 "john royce" wrote:

:In a short while my wife and I are coming back from Tokyo airport to London
:airport with all nippon airlines.

How was the trip out there? Both business? Both coach?

:We are coming back on the same plane, but it's just worked out that
:she has got business class and I'm in economy class.

How did it "work out"?

:At the moment we cannot spare the funds for me to upgrade. We would like to
:be together on the plane.

Well, should not be a problem to be together in coach. I am sure that the
person next to you would be happy to accept the upgrade.

:Is there anything we might say to ANA staff at check in, or later whilst on
:the plane; that might induce them to give me a free upgrade if they have any
:spare seats in business class so we could sit together? In other words what
:are the magic words to say?

Depends on how your wife got it.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old October 25th, 2009, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
Runge17

The magic words are :
dearest, come and travel with me in economy !

Old October 25th, 2009, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
SMS

john royce wrote:
In a short while my wife and I are coming back from Tokyo airport to London
airport with all nippon airlines.

We are coming back on the same plane, but it's just worked out that
she has got business class and I'm in economy class.

At the moment we cannot spare the funds for me to upgrade. We would like to
be together on the plane.

Is there anything we might say to ANA staff at check in, or later whilst on
the plane; that might induce them to give me a free upgrade if they have any
spare seats in business class so we could sit together? In other words what
are the magic words to say?

See if the person seated next to you is willing to swap seats with your
wife. Then you can both sit together at no extra charge.

Old October 26th, 2009, 06:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
Tom P[_6_]

john royce wrote:
In a short while my wife and I are coming back from Tokyo airport to London
airport with all nippon airlines.

We are coming back on the same plane, but it's just worked out that
she has got business class and I'm in economy class.

At the moment we cannot spare the funds for me to upgrade. We would like to
be together on the plane.

Is there anything we might say to ANA staff at check in, or later whilst on
the plane; that might induce them to give me a free upgrade if they have any
spare seats in business class so we could sit together? In other words what
are the magic words to say?

Happened to me as well once, but it was a 737 and we got seats one row
apart so we could talk to each other through the curtain.