paris hotel: st. germain or marais? (last question, i promise!!)

Old June 26th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Mxsmanic

Runge writes:

huge homosexual population???
Lol !!!!!!

When was the last time you walked down the rue des Archives and in the
surrounding area?

About jews, much more in the 19th than in the Marais

The rue des Rosiers is sufficiently well known as a center of the
orthodox Jewish community that it often serves as a metaphor for Jewish
opinion in the press.

--
Transpose gmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly.
Old June 27th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Mini One

bob wrote in news:beosb1lar4phs1hr7nssbe46g5rjo7mr7c@
4ax.com:

On 25 Jun 2005 22:22:57 -0700, "Simone"
wrote:

The Marais has a little more "character" (in my opinon), there seems to
be more diversity in the shops, restaurants and people. You do realize
that it has a fairly large gay population? But it doesn't seem to be as
overtly gay as the Castro in San Francisco (at least to my eyes).
Staint Germain seems to be more "vanilla"- it is just a very nice place
to stay. I have stayed in both areas. I favor the Marais.

There are a lot of posters on this site who live in Paris- maybe some
of them will be able to give you a better idea. Just note that since
nobody really knows what you are looking for... it will be impossible
to say how one neighborhood will affect you versus another.

i live in the west end of vancouver which is a very gay neighbourhood
and i love it because it's more open minded, stylish and friendly... i
think you've answered my question very well without me asking a very
good one!! your discription makes it sound like the marais is an area
we would like, but all the maps of central paris have st germain right
in the middle. we like independent stores, cafes and restaurants over
big chains, but we like walking at night where there are people. we
definitely don't want typical tourist trappings (ttt?). i dunno. we
have two hotels chosen and my girlfriend can't make up her mind and
neither can i... eeny meeny... maybe that'll do it... ;-) thanks for
the reply!! that word "vanilla" just might have tipped the scales! ;-)

bob

I usually stay in the Marais. Maybe if you tell us the hotels we might be
able to help.

Old June 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
bob

On 27 Jun 2005 19:39:14 +0200, Mini One wrote:

I usually stay in the Marais. Maybe if you tell us the hotels we might be
able to help.

OK, thanks!! hotel castex in the marais and hotel lenox saint germain
in, well, you know... and hotel sevigne in the marais seems a lot
cheaper than the castex, but in a bad way? maybe? thanks for any
help!!

bob
Old June 27th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Mini One

bob wrote in
:

On 27 Jun 2005 19:39:14 +0200, Mini One wrote:

I usually stay in the Marais. Maybe if you tell us the hotels we might
be able to help.

OK, thanks!! hotel castex in the marais and hotel lenox saint germain
in, well, you know... and hotel sevigne in the marais seems a lot
cheaper than the castex, but in a bad way? maybe? thanks for any
help!!

bob

Hi. Don't know these hotels but looking at them I'd pick the Castex. It
looks nicer. I won't confuse you by listing my favorite hotels as it seems
this is a nice choice.

Have fun.