Long Beach, CA

Old November 26th, 2006, 07:48 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
LL@with_a_dog.com

Default Long Beach, CA

We're going to be attending the big dog show in Long Beach next weekend, and all the big chains right around
the convention center are fully booked. I'm looking at motels in a couple of places like Santa Ana and Costa
Mesa. Can anybody give me an idea of (A) how safe these areas are and (B) how long we can expect to have to
drive to get to the Long Beach Convention center? (And yes, I understand there will be major traffic!)

Any recommendations of other safe places to stay within a reasonable driving time/distance (say, 30-45
minutes) would be very welcome.

Thanks -
LL

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old November 26th, 2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"LL" wrote in message
We're going to be attending the big dog show in Long Beach next weekend,
and all the big chains right around
the convention center are fully booked. I'm looking at motels in a couple
of places like Santa Ana and Costa
Mesa. Can anybody give me an idea of (A) how safe these areas are and (B)
how long we can expect to have to
drive to get to the Long Beach Convention center? (And yes, I understand
there will be major traffic!)

Any recommendations of other safe places to stay within a reasonable
driving time/distance (say, 30-45
minutes) would be very welcome.

Thanks -
LL

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Seal Beach. Very nice place. Older motel that is now a B&B. Still has the
old motel sign. Is the next town south of Long Beach. Try Belmont Shores.
Is acually part of Long Beach.

Old November 28th, 2006, 10:27 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
VacationMamma

Ths is true, but in reality, most of the hotels are in the same area:
near John Wayne airport or off Dyer ave both are generally safer than
long beach except right at the waterfront. These are perfectly safe
unless you want go out walking at night.
closer to long beach for your search: westminster, fountain valley,
seal beach, huntington beach
Why not go to Newport Beach?
Ride will vary from 20 min to 1 hour depending on traffic. It's only
15-20miles.

Costa Mesa is "safer" than Santa Ana, in general.

You'll be driving the busiest freeway in the world, so plan
accordingly. Without traffic from Costa Mesa I'd guess 45 min to an
hour.