American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

Old December 27th, 2003, 06:46 PM
lh

Default American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Vitaly Shmatikov" schreef in bericht
In article

,
alohacyberian wrote:

Sjoerd, you are an America-basher from way back as are most Communists.

This is obviously true, but you've got to feel sorry for Sjoerd. He

has
been brainwashed by European mass media and reduced to regurgitating
the same old lies about America that he gets from newspapers and TV.
On the other hand, having been to America, he is aware of the
truth at some level, which is why he is so desperately envious of
American freedom and quality of life. The result is his peculiar
love-hate relationship with America, half jealousy, half resentment.
Quite amusing to watch, really.

So funny. First, the old brainwashed argument again. Ha! I read newspapers
and magazines from many countries (including the US) regularly, I watch TV
from many countries (including the USA) regularly, but no, Mr. Vitaly
insists that if I don't watch AND believe FOX news that I am brainwashed.

So
funny.
Secondly, the old jealousy argument again. How arrogant can you be,

Vitaly?
I have repeatedly stated that I have more freedoms here than I could ever
have in the USA. Heck, I wouldn't even be allowed to live with my partner

of
more than 9 years in the US.
Open your eyes, Vitaly, and see that there is a huge world outside the

USA.
The US is *not* "the best country in the world", as you have been
indoctrinated to believe.

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if you
lived in the USA? Homosexuals are allowed to live togehter in the USA even
though gay marriages are not yet recognized.

Old December 27th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Sjoerd

"lh" schreef in bericht

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if you
lived in the USA?

Because I have been offered a job in the US where the employer would arrange
the work and residence permits for me. Had I been married to a woman, she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

Sjoerd

Old December 27th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

"lh" schreef in bericht

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if you
lived in the USA?

Because I have been offered a job in the US where the employer would arrange
the work and residence permits for me. Had I been married to a woman,

How long have you been 'married' to your partner ?

While in many cases spouses to get to come on work visa, but it is far
from always the case.

she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

You tried ?

jay
Sat, Dec 27, 2003

Sjoerd

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old December 27th, 2003, 07:16 PM
lh

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"lh" schreef in bericht

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if you
lived in the USA?

Because I have been offered a job in the US where the employer would

arrange
the work and residence permits for me. Had I been married to a woman, she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

I can understand that immigration would be a problem, but if both of you
were either US citizens or had valid visas you definetely would be allowed
to live with each other in the USA. I wonder if you would have the same
immigation problem if you were trying to get a residence permit for a woman
to whom you were not married. But without a doubt Holland is more liberal
than the US in terms of gay rights.

Old December 27th, 2003, 08:11 PM
nobody

lh wrote:
to whom you were not married. But without a doubt Holland is more liberal
than the US in terms of gay rights.

I think that Holland is a far more mature country in many areas, such as
environment, health care and human rights. I would surmise it is the result of
a good education system.
Old December 27th, 2003, 08:19 PM
lh

"nobody" wrote in message
lh wrote:
to whom you were not married. But without a doubt Holland is more

liberal
than the US in terms of gay rights.

I think that Holland is a far more mature country in many areas, such as
environment, health care and human rights. I would surmise it is the

result of
a good education system.

And manageable size. With the exception of gay rights and legalized drugs,
people in Singapore have similar quality of life as the Dutch and yet they
are neither liberal nor under the delussion that thier **** doesn't stink.

Old December 27th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Go Fig

In article , nobody
wrote:

lh wrote:
to whom you were not married. But without a doubt Holland is more liberal
than the US in terms of gay rights.

I think that Holland is a far more mature country in many areas, such as
environment, health care and human rights. I would surmise it is the result of
a good education system.

It doesn't hurt that they have one of the larger Nat Gas reserves in the
world... heck Alaska pays it citizens every year just to breathe Alaskan
air.

jay
Sat, Dec 27, 2003

Old December 28th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Sjoerd

"Go Fig" schreef in bericht
In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

"lh" schreef in bericht

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if

you
lived in the USA?

Because I have been offered a job in the US where the employer would

arrange
the work and residence permits for me. Had I been married to a woman,

How long have you been 'married' to your partner ?

While in many cases spouses to get to come on work visa, but it is far
from always the case.

she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no

chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

You tried ?

My employer asked the US consulate here. Short version of the answer "forget
it".

Sjoerd

Old December 28th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Sjoerd

"lh" schreef in bericht

And manageable size. With the exception of gay rights and legalized

drugs,
people in Singapore have similar quality of life as the Dutch

Very different quality of life. I don't say better or worse, (I don't
believe in the concept of "best country in the world") but very different
indeed.

and yet they
are neither liberal nor under the delussion that thier **** doesn't stink.

Just in case that you are suggesting here that I am under the delusion that
"dutch **** doesn't stink", let me tell you it does and also, that we have
more than enough problems here and this isn't paradise. I am just getting
sick and tired of Vitaly, alohacyberian, jbk and their friends who always
claim that everything is better in the USA. I am just trying to teach them
some realism.

Sjoerd

Old December 28th, 2003, 01:57 AM

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:11:57 -0500, nobody wrote:

lh wrote:
to whom you were not married. But without a doubt Holland is more liberal
than the US in terms of gay rights.

I think that Holland is a far more mature country in many areas, such as
environment, health care and human rights. I would surmise it is the result of
a good education system.

Don't forget euthansia, drugg selling and abandoning previously
oppressed colonies like Indonesia while you're doing your admiring.
Very mature alright.