American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

Old December 28th, 2003, 01:59 AM

Default American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:45:02 +0100, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

"lh" schreef in bericht

And manageable size. With the exception of gay rights and legalized

drugs,
people in Singapore have similar quality of life as the Dutch

Very different quality of life. I don't say better or worse, (I don't
believe in the concept of "best country in the world") but very different
indeed.

and yet they
are neither liberal nor under the delussion that thier **** doesn't stink.

Just in case that you are suggesting here that I am under the delusion that
"dutch **** doesn't stink", let me tell you it does and also, that we have
more than enough problems here and this isn't paradise. I am just getting
sick and tired of Vitaly, alohacyberian, jbk and their friends who always
claim that everything is better in the USA. I am just trying to teach them
some realism.

Sjoerd

You couldn't teach anyone anything. You are completely full of
liberal nonsense and nothing more. But you are certainly right about
The Netherlands not being a paradise.
Old December 28th, 2003, 03:45 AM
mrraveltay

Go Fig wrote:

she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

You tried ?

That is the way it works.
If a person gets and H-1B, the spouse almost automatically gets an H-4
If a person gets a green card, the spouse almost automatically gets one
too. Standard practice........ The chance that a same-sex partner will
get an H-4 is 0.

Old December 28th, 2003, 06:33 AM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"lh" schreef in bericht

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if you
lived in the USA?

Because I have been offered a job in the US where the employer would

arrange
the work and residence permits for me. Had I been married to a woman, she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

Sjoerd

You have spent countless hours bashing Americans and the United States while
inventorying its transgressions. Why the hell would you want to live in the
U.S.? It actually offers something the Netherlands doesn't offer? Double
standard? KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old December 28th, 2003, 06:33 AM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message
"Go Fig" schreef in bericht
In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no

chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

You tried ?

My employer asked the US consulate here. Short version of the answer

"forget
it".
Sjoerd

But, obviously you can't. KM

Old December 28th, 2003, 06:33 AM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

Just in case that you are suggesting here that I am under the delusion that
"dutch **** doesn't stink", let me tell you it does and also, that we have
more than enough problems here and this isn't paradise. I am just getting
sick and tired of Vitaly, alohacyberian, jbk and their friends who always
claim that everything is better in the USA. I am just trying to teach them
some realism.

Sjoerd

We only say things are better in the United States than they are in the
Netherlands because it's true. We're just trying to teach you to be
realistic. But, actions speak louder than words. Obviously you thought it
would be better in the U.S. or you wouldn't have pursued a job in America. KM

Old December 28th, 2003, 06:54 AM

Default education

I would surmise it is the result of a good education system.

Hi,

some places in the US have good public education systems, but it is far
from universal since it isn't a federal issue, it's a states issue.

and our population makeup is VERY different from the mainly european
netherlands.

ttyl

akia

--

*Derringer Kit Gun Sideplates*

Old December 28th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Jeremy Henderson

On 28/12/03 1:45 am, in article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

[...]

Why waste your time? They have nothing stimulating to add to the discussion.
Just killfile them like everyone else has done.

J;

Old December 28th, 2003, 11:06 AM
David Horne

lh wrote:

I wonder if you would have the same
immigation problem if you were trying to get a residence permit for a woman
to whom you were not married.

The couple would have exactly the same problem, unless they were
planning to get married. But, at least in that case they _could_ get a
legally recognised marriage, from the US standpoint. At the moment, the
US will not recognise any kind of union, whether legally sanctioned by
another country of not, if it involves a same sex relationship.

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old December 28th, 2003, 11:06 AM
David Horne

Go Fig wrote:

In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

"lh" schreef in bericht

Why would you not be allowed to live with your partner of 9 years if you
lived in the USA?

Because I have been offered a job in the US where the employer would arrange
the work and residence permits for me. Had I been married to a woman,

How long have you been 'married' to your partner ?

Why the sneer quotes? Dutch law gives the same status to same sex
couples as mixed sex. I don't know if Sjoerd is married or not, but if
he is, it's a marriage.

she
would have received a residence permit almost automatically. But no chance
to get such a permit for a same-sex partner.

You tried ?

That suggests you think it's possible. Believe me, it isn't, and you
don't need to try in order to find that out.

David

Old December 28th, 2003, 11:06 AM
David Horne

wrote:

Don't forget euthansia, drugg selling and abandoning previously
oppressed colonies like Indonesia while you're doing your admiring.
Very mature alright.

I'll stay out of the Indonesia thing, but many people think that the
Dutch policies on drugs and euthanasia _are_ mature. I certainly do.

David