French attitude toward Americans

Old November 30th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Donna Evleth

Dans l'article , Go Fig a
écrit :

Unjustified ? Does Le Monde even cover the UN "Oil for Food"
investigation ?

I suggest you go to Google and find out for yourself. If you don't speak
French, I will suggest some key words: "pétrole" (oil), ONU (UN).

Donna Evleth

Old November 30th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Iceman

My wife and I are planning a trip to Paris in March 2005 for Spring
Break. We will be travelling with my sister-in-law, 16 yo niece, 14
yo nephew, and 8 yo daughter. We are wondering if anyone who has
recently travelled to France can relate their experiences with the
French people?

The vast majority of French people are very friendly, welcome
visitors, and don't blame individual Americans for their disagreements
with Bush and US government policies.

Is there significant hostility toward American tourists?

Not at all.

Old November 30th, 2004, 02:23 PM
jcoulter

Go Fig wrote in :

WMDs?... it will be asking why the butcher was still around after '91
and the rape of Kuwait.

Of course history could also look at the Senior Bush rationale for leaving
Saddam in as the more reasoned view to avoid a prolonged conflict with a
huge power vaccum in a volatile area of the world.
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Tim Challenger

On 30 Nov 2004 06:46:16 -0800, Sette_Bello wrote:

If you don't find people very nice you don't gotta think it's because
you're an awful American. The French are not very nice with each other
either.

Are you a troll?
Or going by your grammar, a USAian?

They've always seemed nice enough to each other when I've been watching.

--
Tim C.
Old November 30th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Gregory Morrow

Go Fig wrote:

In article , Mxsmanic
wrote:

Tom writes:

My wife and I are planning a trip to Paris in March 2005 for Spring
Break. We will be travelling with my sister-in-law, 16 yo niece, 14
yo nephew, and 8 yo daughter. We are wondering if anyone who has
recently travelled to France can relate their experiences with the
French people? Is there significant hostility toward American
tourists?

There has never been hostility towards American tourists, and there is
none today. This rumor has been around for several centuries, and it
has never had any basis in fact.

Perhaps Americans are projecting: Many of them feel unjustified
hostility towards the French,

Unjustified ? Does Le Monde even cover the UN "Oil for Food"
investigation ?

Mr Pasqua has some real explaining to do. What fools some French must
be to give this guy power, he's corrupt domestically and appears to
have profited millions from kick-backs and vouchers from the butcher.

Fox just airs an exclusive interview with this guy, he was asked about
some transfers and he gets up and walks out... good grief, what did
this guy think he was going to get asked about, or is this a reflection
of what he is accustom to from French interviewer's... softball
questions....

It has been the French, from '96 who have consistently expanded this UN
"Oil for Food" bribery scam run through BNP.

Today we see the UN's own SG's son was on the "pay-roll" till Feb.
2003, when he and his father had previously said it ended in '98

The UN is an evil, *evil* organization Jay. The "Oil For Food" scam is just
one example of their nefarious deeds. Another is who currently chairs the
UN Commission On Human Rights - *Sudan* for freekin' out loud...!!!

The US simply needs to pull out of this corrupt organization. The UN can
pack off for France or some place where all the Third Worlders can live the
diplomatic high life on someone else's dime...

The UN HQ would make a *great* condo/apartment comples, don't ya think...???

--
Best
Greg