Paris Citadines Hotel & Hotel Club booking

Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Gordon B Gallagher

Default Paris Citadines Hotel & Hotel Club booking

I'm going to Paris with my 16 year old son in May for two weeks. I've
got a booking at the Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in the Marais where I've
stayed several times before.

I've seen recommended the Citadines Apartment Hotels as another option
and am thinking of changing.

Has anyone stayed at the Citadines Bastille Marais??
Any comments about the hotel and/or location??

Also has anyone booked a hotel using a discount online booking
service??

The cost for the room on the Citadines site is 124 Euros per day (with
liberal cancellation policy) and on the hotelclub.net site it is 105
Euros, with payment being made to hotelclub immediately (with a 3
night cancellation fee, ouch!!)

Thanks

Gordon
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:41 PM
Mxsmanic

Gordon B Gallagher writes:

Has anyone stayed at the Citadines Bastille Marais??

I've seen the one near the Louvre and it seemed quite nice. I believe
they are all very consistent from location to location, as it is a
chain.

Citadines is a nice choice if you want something that is more like an
apartment than a hotel. For example, the maids don't clean the room
each day at Citadines (they do come once a week), but you get a real
bedroom and living room, and a real kitchen complete with appliances.
What you lose in hotel-style service you gain in home-style comforts.

Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:59 PM
Vicky

In article , Gordon B
Gallagher wrote:

Has anyone stayed at the Citadines Bastille Marais??
Any comments about the hotel and/or location??

I stayed at the Citadines St. Germain-des-Pres last summer and it was
great. They're very consistent in terms of quality (I'd know since I
also stayed at Citadines in London and the two were funished exactly
the same way).

The cost for the room on the Citadines site is 124 Euros per day (with
liberal cancellation policy) and on the hotelclub.net site it is 105
Euros, with payment being made to hotelclub immediately (with a 3
night cancellation fee, ouch!!)

I didn't use a discount booking agency last time, because I got a very
good rate from their website. However, it is definitely recommended to
use one of the bulk-booking agencies, because they have much better
rates most of the time. It takes a bit of searching, and you should be
able to find one that doesn't impose a 3-night cancellation fee!! The
one that I used for London Citadines, for example, required that I pay
the whole thing up front, but no penalty if I cancel ahead of times (3
nights prior to arrival, I believe?).

Also, I am assuming the 124 euros rate is for a studio, which has a
sofa bed, not a real bed. You do, in return, get a full kitchen, etc.
Since you'll be staying for two weeks, it might be worthwhile to look
into renting an apartment instead. You should be able to get places
with a weekly rate that is cheaper than 100 euros per night. For
example, try this website to start with:

http://www.apartexchange.com/

Hope this helps!

-Vicky
Old February 24th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Mark Fagan

The Marais Citadines is on the Boulevard Richard-Lenoir, near the
intersection with Rue du Chemin Vert and between the Breuget Sabin and
Richard Lenoir Métro stations. This is the 11th Arrondissment. While not
in itself the most interesting area, though supposedly Commissaire Maigret
of George Simenon's detective novels lived there, you're only a short walk
from the Place des Vosges and the Marais district. The boulevard is very
wide and parklike, as it actually covers over the Canal St. Martin. You can
walk up Richard-Lenoir to the canal (where Amélie skipped stones in the
movie), and continue right out to the edge of the city, which is an
interesting and pleasant half day stroll. Going further, along the Bassin
La Villette and Canal l'Ourco will eventually get you to the Cité des
Sciences and de l'Industrie, a museum and park that might interest your 16
year-old.

news