Disney Cruise....Travel agent or online booking?

Old February 4th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Disney Cruise....Travel agent or online booking?

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:36:39 -0500, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

They still don't discount. As long as they fill the ships, why should they.

Hi Sue,

We see many discounts on Disney during non-peak times.

I see what you mean, the prices are lower at certain times of the year,
which is why we choose the week we did. What I think I meant was that
going from agency to agency, you won't find much of a difference for the
same sailing.

sue

Old February 4th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:41:24 -0500, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

What I think I meant was that
going from agency to agency, you won't find much of a difference for the
same sailing.

Hi Sue,

This may be due to Disney paying the lowest commissions in the
industry to travel agents.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old February 4th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:

What I think I meant was that
going from agency to agency, you won't find much of a difference for the
same sailing.

Hi Sue,

This may be due to Disney paying the lowest commissions in the
industry to travel agents.

I wasn't aware of this, not very nice of them.

sue

Old February 4th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Randi

"Typhoon" wrote in message ...
My family and I are are think of going on a Disney cruise and I was
wondering if we should book using a travel agent or right at the Disney
online website. I have the price, date, airfare, cabin, ect all in the
booking online. Would a travel agent get a better price? My wife and I
have took a cruise 5 years ago so it's not our first time. Any help would
be great!

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

I would go to a travel agent. Most of them will discount. I know my
travel agent does. He works very close to his cost. If you want his
e-mail address, let me know.

Randi
Old February 4th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Mason Barge

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:33:30 -0500, "Typhoon"
wrote:

My family and I are are think of going on a Disney cruise and I was
wondering if we should book using a travel agent or right at the Disney
online website. I have the price, date, airfare, cabin, ect all in the
booking online. Would a travel agent get a better price?

In a word, yes. If you book at a cruiseline site you will pay more.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old February 9th, 2004, 04:41 PM
STEVE COSIO

My wife says that Costco has an excellent travel package and offers the
Disney Cruise. We booked our cruise through a TA and had some problems
(mainly with rental car and airling reservations) and found out about
Costco Travel after the cruise.

Go to Costco.com and click on "Travel" to see what they have to offer.

Steve
San Diego
Cruised the Disney Wonder 1/11-1/14/04