RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:50 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

In article , Jeff Coudriet
wrote:

I know...but it's this Atkins diet thing. I'm saving my carb intake for

I had a pint of Pishachio, Pistachio tonight. Nya Nya Nya!!!

A pint?

That's more Sat Fat then 2 million cream filled twinkies.

But it tastes so good............sue

Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:29 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Boo on you lol!!

Jeff

Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:48 PM
Lee

Jeff Coudriet wrote in message . ..
I love "Pistachio, Pistachio". Yum. Wish they would make "no sugar
added" versions of things! Have to stick with Bryer's or Edy's for that.

Have you tried the low-carb B& J's? Not bad...I still think, though,
that the best low-carb ice cream-style product are the Klondike fudge
bars. Awesome.

Lee

Jeff

Tom & Linda wrote:

B&J's New York Super Fudge Chunk Chocolate

--Tom

Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:32 PM
sheree

most sugar free and low carb products have more calories then the regular!
and calories do count!!!

me, i'll take less of the real thing, then a little of something "free" or
"low"

--
Sheree

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
My fav is Chunky Monkey, but the Pistachio is my second choice. Check in
your supermarket, I think they just came out with some "no sugar"
versions.

sue

Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
Becca

Charles wrote:

I am not saying I won't sail on RCI, just that I will give other cruise
lines more preference. I wish they would improve their food as I have
enjoyed other aspects of their ships.

I cruised on the Mariner on the 7th of this month. Sammy was
disappointed in their lunch buffet so he had a hamburger for lunch
almost every day. I mentioned that we should eat lunch in the dining
room, but he kept thinking their buffet would improve. Next time, we
will try the dining room. Their breakfast buffet was fine and so was
dinner in the dining room at night.

Although their lunch buffet was not the best, I always found something
to eat. No problem. What I like about Royal Caribbean, is the
Solarium, it is so quiet and peaceful. No noise and no children.

If I want better buffet choices, I can cruise on Carnival, Princess or
NCL. The only cruise lines where I did not care for the buffet was
Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. It has been 5+ years since I have
cruised on Celebrity, they may have improved since then.

Becca -----never found chocolate croissants on the Mariner...

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/

Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:43 PM
DaFlaBear

Becca,
I'm surprised that the Windjammer was not up to par at lunch on the
Mariner.
We ate dinner there every night (1/25 trip) and it was amazing.
Beautiful Waterfall behind the bar, sushi, Carved beef Wellington,
tablecloths, live dinner music.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 08:28 PM
Becca

DaFlaBear wrote:

Becca,
I'm surprised that the Windjammer was not up to par at lunch on the
Mariner.
We ate dinner there every night (1/25 trip) and it was amazing.

Thanks for your information about the Mariner before the cruise, it was
helpful.

We had dinner at the Windjammer one night and the food was very good, I
enjoyed it as much as I did the food in the dining room. There were
more salad and vegetable choices in the Windjammer. They also had an
assortment of appetizers that were very good. They offered a few things
that were not available in the dining room.

Their lunch buffet was not the finest, but I always found something to
eat. My husband was disappointed, he kept comparing their lunch buffet
to Carnival and Princess (he is more picky than I am). He was very
pleased with their dinner buffet.

We found the Movie Theater, it was on Deck 2. It was in a quiet location
with comfy seats. We saw Italian Job and Legally Blonde 2.

Becca -----he loved their cookies and the ice cream at Sprinkles...

Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
MZT

I understand the charge for Diet Coke at the pool bars and other areas of
the ship (well actually I can accept the charge rather than understand it)
but with dinner? I think that I had more coffee or tea in a dollarwise
sense than if they brought me one lousy Diet Coke (from a soda fountain no
less). They claim to be a different experience in cruising. . .so why are
they following the other cruise lines?

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:29:05 GMT, "MZT" wrote:

I agree!! RCCL has started charging for serving soft drinks like Diet

Coke
in the dining room.

Hi,

FWIW, the other mass-market and premium cruise lines have been
charging for sodas for years. Actually, Royal Caribbean was the last
hold out.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
MZT

I think that IF I do go on another RCCL cruise, I will either eat in
Windjammer or Chops. I loved Chops!!! Dining room is awful. . .service and
food.

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
MZT,
I agree about the quality of food in the dining rooms.
We were on the Mariner in January and NEVER ate in the dining room
because the steaks available on our December cruise on the Brilliance
were intolerable (except on formal night, Captain's party) and it was
the same on the Explorer in September.
The Windjammer on the Mariner was outstanding every meal. It had an
amazing sushi bar and a beautiful regular bar that had a waterfall
behind it.
At dinner there were tablecloths and LIVE music with a wonderful guitar
player.
We're going on the Radiance on April 11th.
They won't see us in the dining room there either.
Between the marginal quality of the dining room food and the extreme
hassle (as a Platinum member soon to be Diamond this really ticks me
off) trying to get a table for two they can have the dining room.
I'll use the Windjammer or Chops.