French words in English

Old September 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM
PJ O'Donovan

Default French words in English

From: (PJ O'Donovan)
Newsgroups: alt.activism.death-penalty
Subject: Jiggy finally went to bed

David Haley wrote in message . ..
This day of 6 Sep 2004 04:09:57 -0700,
(PJ O'Donovan) saw fit to
scribe:

Earl Evleth wrote in message ...

Anyway, we are going out for moules tonight,
a nice dish of steamed mussels. We are
mussel-bound tonight.

Earl

Excerpt from a recent study on shellfish from UCA, Santa Cruz:

"..emphasized that monitoring programs are in place to ensure the
safety of seafood for human consumption. In humans, domoic acid
poisoning is also known as amnesic shellfish poisoning because it may
cause permanent loss of short-term memory, in addition to other
neurological and gastrointestinal disorders. In 1987, four people died
of domoic acid poisoning in Canada after eating contaminated
mussels.."

I happen to experience "gastrointestinal disorders" whenever I try to
consume
anything in the shellfish family except for Australian shellfish which
I cannot understand.

Have learned that shellfish consume the feces of others in the food
chain
for nourishment.

Might explain source of your "political ideology disorder".

Shellfish are just plain yucko, simple as that. :-P

To each his own. Some "connoisseurs" must consider recycled feces a
"delicacy".

Aren't they both French words? LOL!

Terms and Conditions - Posting Style Guide - Posting FAQ
Old September 7th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Mark Fagan

What about that cofee which is "passed" through the guts of a civet cat
before being ground and brewed? This problem with shellfish sounds more
like a food allergy to me, though why Aussie seafood doesn't affect him, I
can't acount for.

om...

Old September 8th, 2004, 12:44 AM
PJ O'Donovan

"Mark Fagan" wrote in message ...
This problem with shellfish sounds more
like a food allergy to me, though why Aussie seafood doesn't affect him, I
can't acount for.

Sure it's a food allergy that hit me in middle/old age. I was born in
32 and used to eat shellfish until it came out my ears. Usually baby
lobster tail once a week until I started having periodic digestion
trouble and then consistent trouble when I was forced to abstain even
though I really crave this poison which probably could destroy me. I
even get trouble if I have veal while others have shrimp cooked on the
same grill.

I have been to Australia about 7 times and even after having
consistent trouble at home, I would start cautiously having a shrimp
or two from my wife's plate
and then proceeded to try again the Moretown Bay Bugs which are great
there. Last time in Noosa Queensland, the year before last I ended my
visit having the Bugs practically every night with no symptoms. Can't
figure it out. Conversely, recently I tried one oyster in Galway,
Ireland from my wife's plate and prepared to meet my maker. It took
two days for me to recover and my wife was fine after eating 5 from
the same plate.