Montreal Hotel Question

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Jane Smith

Default Montreal Hotel Question

I am considering staying at the Delta Centre-Ville hotel in downtown
Montreal this summer for a couple of days with my husband and 11 year
old son. They seem to have a great family package. However, since we
will not have a car I'm wondering if this hotel is too far from the
various attractions and restaurants within Montreal??? We don't want
to be using cabs to get around where ever it is we need to go. Also,
I've heard that traffic can be somewhat hectic and unfriendly to
pedestrians. BTW, is the downtown area safe to walk around in,
especially at night?

Thanks in advance for any information!
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:36 AM

Montreal is very safe, a hotel that I like in Montreal is Hotel Du Fort,
within walking distance to underground shopping, theatres, and
restaurants.

Old April 21st, 2004, 05:31 AM
Claude Marcil

Jane,

Montreal is considered quite safe by north-american standards.

I'm a Montrealer and think it's safe up to a point. I beleive you have
to be careful in any city.

I dont anything about hotels, but Delta centre-ville is actually less
than half a mile walk from Ste-Catherine shopping district and about same
distance from Old Montreal and Old Port.

I suggest that you dont miss going up the Mount-Royal, a 700 foot
mountain right in the heart of Montreal. The view from up there is awesome.
Public transport will take you up there. City tours also. From your hotel,
it would be approx. 2 miles walk, actually a very nice walk.

As far as motorists being unfriendly to pedestrians, I dont think so.
Again, care is indicated. Cross streets at corners only.

Enjoy our beautiful city.

Claude

"Jane Smith" wrote in message
om...
I am considering staying at the Delta Centre-Ville hotel in downtown
Montreal this summer for a couple of days with my husband and 11 year
old son. They seem to have a great family package. However, since we
will not have a car I'm wondering if this hotel is too far from the
various attractions and restaurants within Montreal??? We don't want
to be using cabs to get around where ever it is we need to go. Also,
I've heard that traffic can be somewhat hectic and unfriendly to
pedestrians. BTW, is the downtown area safe to walk around in,
especially at night?

Thanks in advance for any information!

---