Renting and driving a car in Maine with a non-US license.

Old May 27th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Rudy

Default Renting and driving a car in Maine with a non-US license.

Based on this (the license WITHOUT an IDP), can I rent and drive a car
in Portland, Maine? I will be visiting Portland sometime in June 1st
week for about 3 months and would want a car on rent.

Go to the rental car company's websites and ask them

National
Alamo
Hertz
Budget are a few

Old May 27th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Keith W

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a car license issued in New Delhi, India. The license is in
English. I do not have an International Driving Permit (IDP).

Based on this (the license WITHOUT an IDP), can I rent and drive a car
in Portland, Maine? I will be visiting Portland sometime in June 1st
week for about 3 months and would want a car on rent.

Would appreciate if you could let me know.

Yes you should be fine. an IDP is simply a translation
of a foreign issued license. I have driven in the US
on a British drivers license and I know people who have
rented and driven on an Indian license.

Keith