Azerbaijan

Old June 20th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Ben Smith

Default Azerbaijan

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

Many Thanks,

Ben Smith
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:15 PM
roy king

Unless my old atlas is mistaken,Azerbaijan is on the Capian Sea and was one
of the Soviet republics.It is nearer to China than Morocco!

Roy

Old June 20th, 2004, 11:23 PM
devil

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:15:03 +0100, roy king wrote:

Unless my old atlas is mistaken,Azerbaijan is on the Capian Sea and was one
of the Soviet republics.It is nearer to China than Morocco!

Remember the Armenian invasion of pieces of Azervbaijan, after the fall of
the Soviet empire?

Old June 21st, 2004, 01:09 AM
Arwel Parry

In message , Ben Smith
writes
Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

Good grief! No it's nowhere near Morocco. It's on the Caspian Sea, next
to Iran. It's a 5.5 - 6.5 hour flight from London, and Expedia quotes a
direct flight on BA for £866.70 return, or nearly £1700 for a flight via
BA and Lufthansa changing in Frankfurt !!

They used to use the Russian alphabet for their language, which is
related to Turkish, but switched to an adapted Western alphabet (some
odd characters there!) once they became independent... this leads to
some interesting spellings on TV match coverage, "Ryan Giggs" became
"Rayan Qiqqs" for instance...

Bet England won't beat the 4 goal Wales scored when they played in Baku,
anyway!

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/
Old June 21st, 2004, 01:28 AM
Schizoid Man

"Ben Smith" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

This is a joke, right? You want to go to Azerbaijan and want to learn about
it's geographic location by posting a message on a newsgroup? What are you
going to ask for next - eastery recommendations in Baku?

Old June 21st, 2004, 01:38 AM
Schizoid Man

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

"Ben Smith" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

This is a joke, right? You want to go to Azerbaijan and want to learn

about
it's geographic location by posting a message on a newsgroup? What are you
going to ask for next - eastery recommendations in Baku?

Also, Ben, since you are going to watch England play Azerbaijan, you
probably do know that Azerbaijan is a country.

Therefore, Azerbaijan cannot be 'in' Morocco, which also happens to be a
country incidentally. I think it's on the Atlantic, a few miles off the
coast of Tiera del Fuego I believe.

Old June 21st, 2004, 07:28 AM
Diabolik

"Ben Smith" wrote in message
m...
Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

It's near Europe and Asia.