Azerbaijan

Old June 21st, 2004, 09:49 AM
Ben Smith

Default Azerbaijan

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Ben Smith
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:01 PM
Frank Hucklenbroich

On 20 Jun 2004 12:58:52 -0700, Ben Smith wrote:

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/aj.html

As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

Better behave yourself while there, it's a very rough country on the edge
of civil war.

And no beer in the stadium ;-) (it's a muslim country).

Regards,

Frank
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:52 PM
tim

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

"Ben Smith" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

This is a joke, right? You want to go to Azerbaijan and want to learn

about
it's geographic location by posting a message on a newsgroup? What are you
going to ask for next - eastery recommendations in Baku?

I'm sorry but you've got me there. He's going in October,
what's Easter go to do with it. Do the Azeries celebrate
Easter at a different time (like the greeks), though as 95%
are Muslim they don't celebrate Easter at all, do they?

tim
..

Old June 21st, 2004, 11:00 PM
Schizoid Man

"Ben Smith" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

This is a joke, right? You want to go to Azerbaijan and want to learn

about
it's geographic location by posting a message on a newsgroup? What are

you
going to ask for next - eastery recommendations in Baku?

I'm sorry but you've got me there. He's going in October,
what's Easter go to do with it. Do the Azeries celebrate
Easter at a different time (like the greeks), though as 95%
are Muslim they don't celebrate Easter at all, do they?

A slip of the hand, Tim. Eatery recommendations.

Moreover, I think England should be able to handle the Azeris without the
invocation of Christ, if they play like they did today. :-)

Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Lukasm

Uzytkownik "Ben Smith" napisal w wiadomosci
m...
Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

You should have bought "The Sun" in December. Out of 3 non-UK England's
opponents, Azerbaijan was the only one marked correctly on that map:
http://www.joemonster.org/i/b/thesun_po_losowaniu.gif

Old February 25th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Clas Clas is offline
Member

Not the first time i come to Baku, sometimes as a tourist, sometimes as a person on an assignment. From my personal abundant experience i found out that most of the hotels in Baku are either very expensive (as IRS Plaza, Hyatt, Europa, Park Inn etc) or very cheap and uncomfortable (as Canub, Araz, Absheron).By the way, even in those cheap hotels the price for a good room is nearly 50$ per night per person (if you are traveling with somebody it hits in your pocket ).Of course, they have several rooms, which price is cheaper, but everytime i tried to reserve any cheap room i am always told that they are already reserved and i am offered to reserve the expensive one. I think it is the special maneuver to force travelers reserve expensive rooms. I also have been in Canub hotel. The first, i was surprised to find out that the prices were higher in 2-3 times than it was written in any travel forums (for example, Lonelyplanet) or city guide books(though, might be, that was old info and cos of inflation the prices are growing by leaps and bounds). The second, i was shown their rooms and i was shocked – they were so dirty, with only one bed and table and nothing else and moreover i could not bear that musty smell from the toilet.

So, i decided to find any real estate agency. I tried different agencies, saw big amount of apartments, but the story was the same. Good apartments were very expensive, cheap were in terrible condition. By the way, when i was in Baku as a person on an assignment, i needed special cheque for my company's account department to take my money back, which i spent for renting apartment, but no one agency could provide me with it. After long searching i contacted one realestate agency (They also make LOI to Azerbaijan by 20 USD). They offered me very lovely one room apartment by 35$ per night just in the centre of Baku, in 3 minutes walking to Fountain Square. The apartment was renovated, furnished, with all public utilities round the clock and all household in it. Also, they gave me the cheque for this service and when i came back home i took my money back from the account department of my company.

DISTRICTS OF AZERBAIJAN

I have been in Azerbaijan many times, so i had enough time to travel around Azerbaijan districts...How they are beautiful and different from each other - you have to see with your own eyes. So i only want to give some contacts of cheap accommodation:

SHEMAKHA– Hotel (code)92307 / Fortuna 994986718
ISMAYLI– Talistan (code)53632 / Giz Galasi 994506136490

PUBS in Baku

Red lion, Phoenix pub, near German Embassy and TJ’s pub near Lukoil Company's building.

RESTAURANTS

NARGIZ

I have been in different restaurants in Baku...But if you are just in the centre, on Fountain Square and want to taste good and cheap kabab, made from fresh meat and given in big portion - you have to go to Nargiz Restaurant. It is made in very interesting midlevel decor.

Favorite Dish: The kabab from Fish is very delicious!!!
Prices: US$11-20
Address: Fountain Square
Directions: Location - Fountain Square, in the same building with Bakcell company and 7 Gezel (7 beauties) beauty salon, basement near OXXO shop...

CAFE

Soho
(more than 20 sorts of coffee and drinks, prepared from coffee)
on T.Aliyarbekov 6 (barman Ziya +99450 3193819)

NIGHT_BAR and BAR

night club LA CHEVALIER at Europa Hotel on Tbilisi ave (a lot of prostitutea and sex changer)

DOMINO for those, who likes karaoke and want to see local lesbians & gays, just near Phoenix and Red Lion Pubs.