Reef Club Cozumel, Mexico - Trip Report

Old January 26th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Pete

Default Reef Club Cozumel, Mexico - Trip Report

The following are details about what happened on our stay at Reef Club
Cozumel from 1-17-04 to 1-24-04.
My wife and I took the trip booked thru funjet vacations. We traveled with
my brother in law and his Wife and their 2 children. These are our
experiences at this resort. We spoke with several other guests and have
collected a few e mail addresses and plan on taking action against the
Resort at the corporate level. We will also provide this information to
Apple Vacations and Funjet. Hopefully this will help others to make an
educated decision on where to NOT stay in Cozumel.

We arrived and asked for 2 rooms that were next to each other. This could
not be done. Then we asked for rooms that were at least close together. We
were told that this also could not be done. When we arrived the hotel was
40% booked so I can't see why this was impossible. The staff at the resort
has a general "I don't care" attitude. There were no salt or pepper shakers
available anywhere in one of the restaurants, we were told that we would
have to go across to the other restaurant and get salt if we wanted it.
There were never enough chairs in the beach grill area to sit down. We had
to take chairs from the restaurant across the resort if we wanted to sit
down. When we asked a staff member for chairs, he said "one minute" and that
was the last we saw of him. This was the norm throughout the entire trip.
Staff members were asked for essential items and told us that they would
take care of it and never returned.
No cream for the coffee, there was never any creamer available for the
coffee. Also no spoons were to be found anywhere at the resort. When you
asked for one you were told, "sorry senior, we no have". We stopped tipping
the staff after the third day because tipping didn't provide better service.
So what's the point? We bought 150.00 in singles for tipping and came back
with most of it.
My wife saw a staff member that was picking up trash trying to kill a kitten
by slitting it's throat with a sharp piece of glass. A woman saw this and
started beating the man with her shopping bag. He laughed and finally
stopped. This was reported to the staff manager and we were told that the
matter would be taken care of. 2 hours later the same man was still working,
cleaning up the grounds. No pop is available in the morning anywhere at the
resort. If you ask a staff member, they TELL you they will get you some, but
never return.
We made reservations at the Italian Restaurant for 6 people. When we went in
for dinner, we were seated inside. I asked for an ash tray and was told that
the inside was no smoking. We were never asked when we made the reservations
about smoking or non smoking and it isn't posted anywhere. We told the Head
waiter and he told me that it was not his problem and that I should contact
guest relations.

In general, the staff doesn't care, the food is lukewarm at best, the pools
are cold (75*). All of this was discussed with management and I will give
their e mail addresses at the end. Hope you don't pick this resort.

Pete

--

10 out of 5 doctors think it's OK to be schizofrenic.

---