Travelling the Greek Islands on a Budget

Old April 26th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Drewsie

Default Travelling the Greek Islands on a Budget

I am planning on travelling the Greek Islands the 1st week of October
2005 with my boyfriend. We will be on a tight budget but we don't even
know where to begin to plan the budget. Any recommendations? Which
islands would you recommend if we're only there for 7 days? Any
guidance on how to begin planning would be much appreciated. thanks.

Old April 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Loose Chippings

"Drewsie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am planning on travelling the Greek Islands the 1st week of October
2005 with my boyfriend. We will be on a tight budget but we don't even
know where to begin to plan the budget. Any recommendations? Which
islands would you recommend if we're only there for 7 days? Any
guidance on how to begin planning would be much appreciated. thanks.

A good starting point

http://www.greeka.com/

--
Loose Chippings
Non compos mentis

Old April 28th, 2005, 02:36 AM
AcornMan

I would recommend that you limit yourself to just two islands in seven
days. It's tempting to cram in as many islands as possible, but I
think you'll regret it if you try to see too much. This will also help
keep costs down because it will mean fewer ferries. Fortunately
October is the low season, so you won't have to pay the high prices of
July and August.

I always say Santorini is a must-see simply because of its stunning
beauty, but unfortunately it is also one of the most expensive Greek
Islands. There are cheaper places to stay there, but not on the rim of
the caldera, where you'll be lucky to find anything for less than
around 70 Euros per night, though I would think you might be able to
find some deals during October.

Naxos is a beatiful island with fantastic beaches and a scenic
interior. Inexpensive hotels are easy to find too.

Here are some excellent internet resources to get you going:
http://www.greecetravel.com/
http://www.islandstrolling.com/info/..._to_greece.htm
http://www.magicaljourneys.com/index-greece.html

Old April 28th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Drewsie

"Drewsie" wrote in message roups.com...
I am planning on travelling the Greek Islands the 1st week of October
2005 with my boyfriend. We will be on a tight budget but we don't even
know where to begin to plan the budget. Any recommendations? Which
islands would you recommend if we're only there for 7 days? Any
guidance on how to begin planning would be much appreciated. thanks.

Thanks for the recommendations. Just by chance I had focussed on
Santorini and Naxos...what are the odds! Now for the more difficult
piece - the budgeting... Its so hard to concentrate on anything
else...and I'm 5 months away from the trip!!
L8R
Drewsie