New "enhanced" QUEEN VICTORIA ordered for delivery in 2007

Old April 5th, 2004, 02:12 PM
E.k.R.

Default New "enhanced" QUEEN VICTORIA ordered for delivery in 2007

Cunard Orders New Luxury Liner, to be Named Queen Victoria, for Delivery in
Early 2007

Monday April 5, 8:50 am ET

Current Queen Victoria Under Construction is Transferred to P&O Cruises

MIAMI, April 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Cunard Line announced today that it has
placed an order for a new, luxury ocean liner, to be named Queen Victoria,
and has transferred the Queen Victoria currently under construction in Italy
to its sister line, P&O Cruises. The new 85,000-ton, Panamax vessel will
accommodate some 1,850 passengers and will enter service in January 2007.
She will be built by Fincantieri Cantieri Navali Italiani SpA, at its
Marghera (Italy) shipyard, and is expected to have an all-in cost of
approximately EUR 390 million.

The tremendous success of Queen Mary 2, particularly the demand for its
suites and junior suites, has prompted Cunard Line to make these changes to
its plans. "The design of the new Queen Victoria will be more consistent
with the grand ocean liner style of Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2,"
explained Pamela Conover, Cunard's president. "It is clear that the
traditional elegance of Cunard has broad appeal among discerning travellers
worldwide, and we want to be sure that our new ship has all the luxurious
Cunard attributes our clients expect."

In addition to increasing the number of suite and mini-suite accommodations,
the enhancements will focus on providing passengers with Cunard's classic
culinary experience in a variety of dining venues. The ship will feature a
Queens Grill and Princess Grill, an impressive two-storey Aquitania
Restaurant, as well as alternative dining options, including a Todd English
restaurant. Other Cunard hallmark facilities will include a grand ballroom,
an authentic British pub, and a classic library.

For more information contact 1-800-7-CUNARD or visit our website at
www.cunard.com.
Cunard Line has operated the most famous ocean liners in the world since
1840. Its vessels have a classic British heritage and include Queen Mary 2,
QE2 and Caronia. Cunard is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines,
an exclusive alliance that also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The
Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment
to quality and value, member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and
budgets. Together they offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the
world's most desirable destinations.

Old April 5th, 2004, 06:48 PM
E.k.R.

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Looks like the newly revamped offices of P&O combined with Carnival
Shipbuilding out of London are done with their consolidation and ready
to roll!

Karen

They may be ready to roll, but not on a new Cunard design. It appears the
"new" QV will just be a Vista Class ship rehashed once again.

I do think Carnival's London shipbuilding division are busy, but with new
designs for Holland America and Carnival Cruise Lines which I think are the
priority right now.

Ernie

Old April 5th, 2004, 07:48 PM
E.k.R.

"CupCaked" wrote in message

London's shipbuilding division has consolidated with P&O in
Southampton, so the news of these configurations is right on target
with what the newly merged companies wanted to do.

Yes I see your point now. I guess none of this should come as a surprise.

Ernie