Question about Single Supplements on Cruise Ships

Old August 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Charles

In article , Howie
wrote:

I have found that do not charge double fare for pax
traveling single are the Carnival Destiny Class ships with Cat 1
accommodations. Am I missing something, or do all other lines/ships
charge double fare for singles?

Princess and HAL charge 150 or 160%. I don't know about HAL but this
lower supplement is only on lower catagorys. Also on some of their
cruise deals you can get a cabin on Celebrity for a 150% supplement.
Then there is group space on all the lines, I don't know what they are
charging on the supplement but the fare comes out to low enough that I
don't care what the supplement is. By the end of this year I will have
cruised a total of 26 days, cruises on Celebrity, Carnival and RCI as a
single, and my cruise fare will total $3324. Those were all inside
cabins.

--
Charles
Old August 25th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Howie

Charles wrote:

By the end of this year I will have
cruised a total of 26 days, cruises on Celebrity, Carnival and RCI as a
single, and my cruise fare will total $3324. Those were all inside
cabins.

Sounds great to me, Charles. Twenty-six days of cruising, with layovers
in FLL or even Miami, will easily take care of my need for sun and
warmth in January.

Howie

Old August 26th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 05:58:51 -0400, Howie wrote:

I've been looking at cruises from mid December through January. So far,
the only ships that I have found that do not charge double fare for pax
traveling single are the Carnival Destiny Class ships with Cat 1
accommodations. Am I missing something, or do all other lines/ships
charge double fare for singles?

Jeez, Howie, this certainly sux to have to address this problem.

Howie - will definitely be heading for the sun and surf this winter.

Go for it. God knows you deserve it. Fitting tribute for Eileen I would
think.

Old August 26th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:31:00 -0400, Howie wrote:

How did you make out during Charlie?

Well he was kinda buck toothed and he kept sticking his
fingers........whoa, sorry, wrong Charlie.

Old August 27th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Lee

Silversea single supplement.

Was charged 200% on one cruise (actually took someone with me who couldn't
afford it and needed a vacation!), and 125% on another. Go figure !!!
"clint" wrote in message
.. .
I'm available to travel those dates, if you want a roomie to share

expenses.
I am NOT gay!
"Howie" wrote in message
jcoulter wrote:

Howie wrote in

newsdCdnRNc249A_7HcRVn-
:

I've been looking at cruises from mid December through January. So

far,
the only ships that I have found that do not charge double fare for

pax
traveling single are the Carnival Destiny Class ships with Cat 1
accommodations. Am I missing something, or do all other lines/ships
charge double fare for singles?

Howie - will definitely be heading for the sun and surf this winter.

strangely enough the best charge less for singles. Look to Silversea

and
Radisson and often the supplement will be as low as $150.

Cool. If I get bored on these ships during the wee hours, I can always
take up knitting.

Howie

Old August 27th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Lee

Silversea single supplement.

Was charged 200% on one cruise (actually took someone with me who couldn't
afford it and needed a vacation!), and 125% on another. Go figure !!!
"clint" wrote in message
.. .
I'm available to travel those dates, if you want a roomie to share

expenses.
I am NOT gay!
"Howie" wrote in message
jcoulter wrote:

Howie wrote in

newsdCdnRNc249A_7HcRVn-
:

Old August 27th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Brian K

On 08/25/2004 7:31 AM Howie found Nemo in a Sushi Bar and exclaimed:

I will start looking more carefully at HAL and Princess. I would even
seriously consider work as a "gentleman" host, if they would drop the
white polyester and white shoe requirement.

Howie, do these er, Gentleman Hosts have to put-out for the ladies? I
have a white linen suit and can get white dress shoes. I'm down with
everything but the putting-out part. :-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.