[OT] How to contact Samsonite

Old August 29th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Widya Santoso

Default [OT] How to contact Samsonite

I have a Samsonite suit bag I bought last year, but it's starting to fray
around the corners of the bag, at the teeth of the zippers. Knowing that
there is a three year warranty for Samsonite bags (and having the proof of
purchase) I looked for a contact address on the sales info tag to write
to, but couldn't find one. Is it possible to write to Samsonite direct or
will I have to go through the shop where I purchased the bag?
--
Widya Santoso +61 2 6288-0405
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep
Old August 29th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Bob Chipeska

Look on http://www.samsonite.com.

Old September 4th, 2004, 05:35 AM
RAK

In the UK I asked a Samsonite dealer. They said they did not deal with
repairs etc but they gave me a toll-free (800) number to call. I called and
they fixed the problem.
Mine was a wheeled bag and the wheels wore out; they sent free replacements
(twice, as the wheels wore out again a few years later). My guarantee was
lon expired, I had lost the receipts, and had bought the bag in another
country; all this was no problem. Great service.

Suggest you ask a dealer near you.

But I don't know how they will deal with frayed material, they may say it is
just normal wear and tear. Most of my bags are scratched and frayed, I
accepted it as normal wear.