Insure and Go travel insurance?

Old January 30th, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Insure and Go travel insurance?

Has anyone used Insure and Go for travel insurance? They are a new name to
me and as my wife and I are over 70 and take medications it tends to be
difficult to get a world wide annual policy. They do not do a full medical
screening by phone and just ask four questions on mental illness, cancer,
Heart and circulatory disease or hypertension not controlled by more than
two medications a day, or whether you have had an operation or been in
hospital in the past year or are waiting on treatment. I have hypertension
covered by three medications a day so had to pay a supplement of about £70.
They were not concerned at the small operation I had last July as it was not
for anything malignant. After getting the policy documents I realised that
my very small abdominal aortic aneurysm must come under circulatory disease
so phoned them again and they exclude me from making a claim on that.
I then voiced concern that they had not asked about any other medications we
take but they again said they are only concerned by the four questions. My
little aneurysm had been covered in the past by my previous insurer (TSB) as
had the duodenal ulcer that I had in 2002 also hiatus hernia and acid
reflux.that I take medication for but this year some companies had
completely refused me cover and TSB and others had excluded them all. My
wife had both duodenal and gastric ulcers in 2004 that TSB had excluded last
year as had all the other companies we tried this year. One company wanted
£1000 to cover me for one trip to the USA because of the aneurysm which is
about half the size that doctors even consider treating.
I tend to be mistrustful of insurers eager to get new customers having heard
so many horror stories of them delving into claimants health records to
exclude claims because of some unrelated illness from the distant past or is
it that Insure and Go are the sensible ones and know that we oldies are
tougher and fitter than medical computerised systems give us credit for :-)
Any one used them or had a later problem with them? I still have half of the
fourteen day cooling off period left.
Martin.

Old January 30th, 2006, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:33:26 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I visited the US in 2002 and thought it advisable to get good
cover.

Called in at the American Express office here in Bristol, told them
that I had a pre-existing condition (type 2 diabetes). They made some
phone calls, and then sold me a policy without an upgrade in premium.

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Keith Anderson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]
:-)
Any one used them or had a later problem with them? I still have half of
the
fourteen day cooling off period left.
Martin.

FWIW, I visited the US in 2002 and thought it advisable to get good
cover.

Called in at the American Express office here in Bristol, told them
that I had a pre-existing condition (type 2 diabetes). They made some
phone calls, and then sold me a policy without an upgrade in premium.

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

But are you in my age group? I might look into American Express and see what
they offer.My neighbour about 57 with a disabled parking pass and has not
worked for 10 years after injuring his back is a smoker, a drinker and has
had two or three mini strokes declared it all and was insured at no extra
premium. We have always had good cover, often it probably was not much good
to us when in remote parts of China or Africa. In many years of travel we
have made two tiny claims, once after being robbed and then for minimal
hospital treatment after breaking a bone in my foot. I evidently slipped up
on that one for not claiming for lost days of holiday when I could not walk.
Martin.

Old January 31st, 2006, 06:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Your private life is of no interest

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de news:

"Keith Anderson" wrote in
message ...