Bangkok No Fun any more

Old March 25th, 2006, 08:54 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Default Bangkok No Fun any more

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:26:16 GMT, michael wrote:

He's obviously new to the newsgroup - if he'd bother to read back a bit he
would see that I rank Bush as highly as I do Thaksin - i.e. at the bottom of
the barrel.

and if you had half a brain, you'd realize that your "ranking" of anyone
in particular would alter my sense of your ill thought out,
self-contradictory "morality" not one whit...

Yawn. Do you REALLY think I care one iota what you think?

Dave

Old March 26th, 2006, 01:54 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:24:09 +0800, "news.news"
wrote:

At least you care to reply!

I believe in having the last say - these idiots come in & post 1 liners
without knowing anything about the subject or the people involved.

Dave
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Dave Baker wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 05:09:09 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

And you demonstrate your elitist bigotry further with the cheap shot
about girlfriends and buffaloes.

No cheap shot - I read it in several of the many posts regarding you that I
gave the link to. I have no reason to believe they aren't true.

We're learning more about you every day. Now you're saying that you
believe pretty much anything you read on Usenet. Somebody flames
somebody else and you believe it.

I guess that explains some of the other odd things that you believe.

Like the building in Thailand where you claim to work that doesn't
exist.

Like the company that approves your contracts in Indonesia that does
not have the legal authority to approve them.

Like the company that *does* have the authority but you've never heard
of them.

You keep on believing stuff like this and the rest of us will keep on
laughing at you.

But I suspect that you did enough digging to find out
that I am entirely correct, otherwise I see no reason for your reticence.

No reticence. Just waiting for you.

No need to wait - I made the offer - you either take it up or continue to
bleat like a buffalo here.

You made the offer but refuse to follow up. As I said, if you want to
put money in an escrow to arrange a bet then go ahead. Let me know the
number of the account. This stupid stunt was your idea so I'm waiting
for you to go ahead and act.

Unless, of course, you know you're lying about this, too. Remember, you
claimed that "top management" for Chevron Thailand work for you but you
don't know their names or nationalities. We proved that already.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 09:49 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Deet wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:34:45 +0800, Dave Baker

"Tchiowa" wrote:

Whoever is telling the truth I still stand by my position that there is
a democratic process in place in Thailand and that any use of street
violence and thuggery to change the leadership of the country is wrong.

a) if the country is truely democratic, with all the freedom that
implies, then the demonstrations are well within that framework.

The demonstrations certainly are. But the intent of forcing Thaksin out
of office against the will of the voters by using this type of tactic
is anything *but* democratic.

Shutting down commerce and forcing people out of work because you're
not getting your way is not acceptable.

Does that position as stated above mean the Boston Tea Party was
extralegal and therefore unacceptable?

omparing the fight for freedom and the right for the people to choose
their government (which was what the American revolution was about)
with an attempt to cancel the people's right to choose their government
and to put all the power in the hands of an elitist minority is kind of
silly. Sondhi and PAD are after just exactly the opposite of what the
American revolutionaries were seeking.

snip

And as my wife points out to me when I get too vocal about this
subject.... "How much income tax do YOU pay in Thailand?".

Quite a bit. I live and work in Bangkok. And my wife is a Thai citizen.
Who, by the way, went home to Chaiyaphum a couple of days ago with the
express and stated purpose "to vote for Thaksin". Not "to vote" but
specifically to express her opinion in the Thaksin matter and to do it
the right way. By casting her vote.

Old April 10th, 2006, 02:04 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

On 28 Mar 2006 03:07:20 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Dave Baker wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 05:09:09 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

And you demonstrate your elitist bigotry further with the cheap shot
about girlfriends and buffaloes.

No cheap shot - I read it in several of the many posts regarding you that I
gave the link to. I have no reason to believe they aren't true.

We're learning more about you every day. Now you're saying that you
believe pretty much anything you read on Usenet.

Certainly about you - your actions back them up nicely! :-)

No need to wait - I made the offer - you either take it up or continue to
bleat like a buffalo here.

You made the offer

Correct - while you continue to bleat like a buffalo. Pity buffalos can't
vote! :-)

Dave