Sault St.Marie vs Mt-Tremblant

Old August 17th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Pineapple

Default Sault St.Marie vs Mt-Tremblant

I am thinking about sightseeing in either Sault St.Marie vs
Mt-Tremblant with my gf in early October. We just want to have a good
time ,relax and take lots of beautiful photos.

There are lots of sites related to Mt-Tremblant, but only a few about
Sault St.Marie. What are the main attractions in St.Marie other than
that Canyon train ?

If you were me, which place would you go for Fall colors ?

Thanks for your info.
Old August 17th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Lawrence Hughes

I have toured both places, and in general there is more in the Laurentians
than in Sault Ste. Marie.

The Laurentians feature some nice villages, great restaurants in Ste-Adèle
(see, in particular, l'Eau à la Bouche, http://www.leaualabouche.com),
bicycling on the 200km former Canadian Pacific railroad trail known as Le
P'tit Train du Nord, resort activities (golf, water, etc.) at
Mont-Tremblant (but the resort is at its best in winter for skiing!).

Sault Ste. Marie is not anywhere central, and is best for being near some of
the most remote areas of Ontario. The Algoma Central is a very nice ride,
especially the portion between Sault Ste. Marie and Hawk Jct. A railroad
enthusiast or adventure traveler might want to ride the Algoma Central all
the way to its northern terminus in Hearst. The next morning get the
Ontario Northland from Hearst to Moosonee, and perhaps see a polar bear.

Old August 18th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Clint

I've been to the Soo and there's not much there. Tremblant will be a much
better trip for you. It will also take you longer to get to the Soo
compared to Tremblant.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Art

m...

Old August 25th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Clint

I've been up to the Soo on business and there's not much there. Go to
Tremblant. There's also Ste Sauveur halfway up between Montreal and
Tremblant. It's a nice little village with quaint boutiques and
restaurants.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca