Oh Goody - Passports anyone?

Old April 6th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Rog'

"miles" wrote:
Years ago when I visited Russia, the pages were torn out
as I left Russia. Not sure why they did that.

To let you deny having been there or to make sure that you
wouldn't try to seek back in? I'm surprised they'd deface
an official government document like that. =R=

Old April 6th, 2005, 04:03 AM
BruceB

Gee..... Isn't it awful that we are finally being required to act like
folks from every other country in the world. I would think any fool would
want all people entering this country to provide some positive ID and proof
that they are entering legally.

Stop whining.

Old April 6th, 2005, 04:51 AM
PTRAVEL

" BruceB" wrote in message
nk.net...
Gee..... Isn't it awful that we are finally being required to act like
folks from every other country in the world. I would think any fool
would want all people entering this country to provide some positive ID
and proof that they are entering legally.

Actually, we're not. EU citizens don't have to have a passport to travel
between EU countries. We've taken a step back in our relations with Canada.

Stop whining.

Old April 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Ken Pisichko

Rog' wrote:

Besides, you can collect those neat stamps. =R=

without buying a Subway sandwich ;-)

Old April 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Ken Pisichko

Old April 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Ken Pisichko

Old April 6th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Gary L. Dare

Dave Smith wrote:

Passports are not required for Americans entering Canada, but I am counting
on reciprocity when the US imposes the passport requirement on Canada.

This shouldn't be marketed by Ottawa as "retaliatory" but as supportive ...
after all, those Americans admitted without a passport would be unable to
get home without a protracted hassle since all passport processing is now
done within the US. Lose a passport abroad and you're given a permit to
get home (that happened to a colleague in Paris last year).

gld