Close and Cheap Accomodations Near AuOpen (tennis)

Old December 13th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Walter Tautz

Default Close and Cheap Accomodations Near AuOpen (tennis)

Just wondering what the most economical places are
to stay in Melbourne. I'm interested in easy access
of the Tennis tournament (AUOpen). I've been told
that the address: Corner of Batman Avenue and Swan Street
is basically very near the down core and along side
the Yarra River.

Any suggestions?

walter

Old December 13th, 2004, 10:53 PM
AlmostBob

http://www.whereis.com/mapping/renderMapAddress.do?name=&streetNumber=&street=Swa n%20Street&streetType=&suburb=Melbourne&state=Vict oria&latitude=-37.82368&longitude=144.9818&navId=$0100705QF359D$& brandId=3&requiredZoomLevel=1

long link may wrap, then click the hotels button,
anywhere in Melbourne is close to the tennis centre, there are trains trams
and buses that go there

--
Why are computer chips small
Computers don't eat much

Why is Evian water $3.00 for a half litre
Spell Evian backwards
-

Old December 14th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Daniel Bowen

"Walter Tautz" wrote in message
Just wondering what the most economical places are
to stay in Melbourne. I'm interested in easy access
of the Tennis tournament (AUOpen). I've been told
that the address: Corner of Batman Avenue and Swan Street
is basically very near the down core and along side
the Yarra River.

Anything in the eastern half of the CBD is within walking distance. Most
other spots in the CBD are within tram distance - and during the AU Open,
there are lots of extra trams running and ticketholders have free tram
travel to the ground on route 70.

Try an accomodation search at
http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/s...visitor-guide/

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
Email: dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old December 14th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Walter Tautz

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:25:24 +1100, Daniel Bowen wrote:
|"Walter Tautz" wrote in message
.. .
| Just wondering what the most economical places are
| to stay in Melbourne. I'm interested in easy access
| of the Tennis tournament (AUOpen). I've been told
| that the address: Corner of Batman Avenue and Swan Street
| is basically very near the down core and along side
| the Yarra River.
|
|Anything in the eastern half of the CBD is within walking distance. Most
|other spots in the CBD are within tram distance - and during the AU Open,
|there are lots of extra trams running and ticketholders have free tram
|travel to the ground on route 70.
|
|Try an accomodation search at
|http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/s...visitor-guide/
|

|Daniel
|--
|Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
|Email: dbowen at custard dot net dot au
|http://www.danielbowen.com/

Thanks, Yes, I finally got a hold of a good map.
Ideally I'd like to find an apartment somewhere
in Melbourne that wouldn't be prohibitively expensive.
For now I've booked a hotel for a few days until I
can get my bearings...

Old December 14th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Walter Tautz

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:25:24 +1100, Daniel Bowen wrote:
|"Walter Tautz" wrote in message
.. .
| Just wondering what the most economical places are
| to stay in Melbourne. I'm interested in easy access
| of the Tennis tournament (AUOpen). I've been told
| that the address: Corner of Batman Avenue and Swan Street
| is basically very near the down core and along side
| the Yarra River.
|
|Anything in the eastern half of the CBD is within walking distance. Most
|other spots in the CBD are within tram distance - and during the AU Open,
|there are lots of extra trams running and ticketholders have free tram
|travel to the ground on route 70.
|
|Try an accomodation search at
|http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/s...visitor-guide/
|

|Daniel