cardiff - taiwan by train

Old June 24th, 2008, 10:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia
Don King

Default cardiff - taiwan by train

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...moscow.cologne
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia
William Black

"Don King" wrote in message

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...moscow.cologne

Can you buy a direct ticket?

If so, from where?

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia
Gerald Oliver Swift

"Don King" wrote in message
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...moscow.cologne

Pure sensationalism.

You can't even get to Taiwan by ferry any more - let alone by train.
Taiwan's one and only ferry company which had a weekly sailing to Japan went
into liquidation a couple of weeks ago. See
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...56422#14256422

Gerry

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia
Tom P[_4_]

William Black wrote:
"Don King" wrote in message

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...moscow.cologne

Can you buy a direct ticket?

If so, from where?

Follow the link "schedule and costs" on pg 2. There is no direct
ticket. The poor guy isn't even traveling 1st class.

My only experience of sleeper trains in Russia was mercifully limited
to one night, and that was 1st class - you get chintz curtains on the
windows and some artificial flowers. I had entertained ideas of getting
a shower, but the after taking one look at the gigantic water boiler
with its mysterious nickel plated taps and warning messages in Russian,
I thought the better of it. By the time I reached my destination at
6AM, I checked straight into a hotel and tried to recover some lost
sleep in bed.

T.

T.