What about Tasmania

Old March 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default What about Tasmania

Hi,

End this year we'll travel to Tasmania.
Is there anyone who can tell us what to see, and what not
Experience with diving around Tasmania
Travelling, campsites etc.

Regards
Rita and Arjen

Old March 6th, 2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Nospam (nospam) wrote:
Hi,

End this year we'll travel to Tasmania.
Is there anyone who can tell us what to see, and what not
Experience with diving around Tasmania
Travelling, campsites etc.

Regards
Rita and Arjen

How long and at what time of the year are you intending to visit
Tasmania?

This site may be of use to you
http://www.tas.gov.au/tasmaniaonline...?Topic=Tourism

Old March 10th, 2006, 11:17 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Nospam (nospam) wrote:

End this year we'll travel to Tasmania.
Is there anyone who can tell us what to see, and what not
Experience with diving around Tasmania
Travelling, campsites etc.

Regards
Rita and Arjen

This is probably the best site for planning a holiday in Tasmania -
http://www.discovertasmania.com.au/

Vivien
Hobart, Tasmania

Old March 12th, 2006, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Tasmania is wonderful. We were there for about 10 days and loved it!

We flew into Hobart, drove up the coast, then inland to Launceston, up
to Devonport, along the north coast for awhile, then down to Cradle
Mountain and back to Hobart via the Great Lake and the Derwent River.
We hope to return for a longer trip to see the west coast.

We stayed a couple nights at the Cradle Mountain Lodge, which was
expensive, but well worth it. Both the scenery and wildlife in this
area other worldly.

Port Arthur is another must see. It is an amazing and beautiful
site. A trip up Mount Wellington offers spectacular views of Hobart,
the Derwent River Valley and the area's dramatic coastline.

In addition to identifying key places to visit, we identified
waterfalls along our general route and detoured to see as many as we
could. It was well worth it.

Your visit will forever be a high point in your life.

Enjoy your trip!

Jerry

Old March 13th, 2006, 08:31 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Thnx for the response
We are really looking forward to this trip
And with your help we are a little wiser and also had a few good tips about
what to do and where to go.

Rita and Arjen Abbekerk

"Nospam" schreef in bericht

Old March 14th, 2006, 11:39 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

In addition to the places recommended to visit in a previous email I
would add
a trip to the top of Mount Wellington (behind Hobart), Salamanca Market
(Saturday early until 3 pm) on Hobart's waterfront - also a monument
to the Dutch discovery of Tasmania there - and walk around Battery
Point (suburb adjacent to the market). As you will be visiting at a
very busy time for tourism I would strongly recommend booking ahead
once you have decided on your itinerary. December 20 - January 3 will
be particularly busy around Hobart because of Christmas (school
holidays, summer holidays, family reunions and the Sydney-Hobart yacht
race - starts 26 December - and Taste of Tasmania food festival on the
waterfront, 27 December - 3 January).

Vivien

Old March 18th, 2006, 08:49 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

We have just spent 3 weeks in Tassie.We hired a campervan (aka Crampavan)
and just seemed to drive, drive and drive!
I really didnt find the scenery anything special. Yes, Cradle Mt was
beautiful as was the Tasman Pen, and Freycinet, but overall I think it is
totally overrated.
We climbed a couple of great mountains, did a lot of walking, but really we
have seen more scenic, less crowded, and generally nicer places. Sorry, just
an opinion. I think it depends on what you like. If you like coffees on the
street, dining out, and paying out to look at stuff, then you will enjoy.
We might go back one day, but not until we see what else Aus has to offer.
It is no longer on top of our wish list
Kathy.

Old March 20th, 2006, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

I'll go along with that. There is nothing special about Tasmania, or
anywhere else for that matter.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. But that doesn't make me
want to stop looking.

I'd go back to Tassie any time - or any where else for that matter.

I just can't stop myself looking. Everything is beautiful to me.

Ross