Tasmania

Old February 4th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Piper

Default Tasmania

Hi...while I'll be in Melbourne,I'd like to spend 3 days in wonderful Tassy!
I know,3 days aren't enough,but we have only from friday (thursday
evening),until sunday,we just want to have a taste of Tassy....so...I need
your help! Which is the cheapest way to get there from Melbourne? By plane?
Spirit os Tasmania? Do you know budget accomodation (hostel,camping,budget
hotels...)? How to move and where? Please...suggest an itinerary for 3
days....a cheap itinerary! We're broke! Thanks a lot for you help!

Veronica

Ah....at the beginning of march.

Old February 5th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Piper

I saw that the cheapest way to get there is catching the Spirit of
Tasmania,115AUD one way. The virginblue is just a bit more expensive,but the
ship is cool because we can travel by night wiyhout wasting a day. I thought
to spend the 3 days in the north east zone:staying in Launceston.
Ok,so...what we can do/see from there? Cradle Mountain? There's a public bus
or we have to catch a coach tour? Any suggestions will be appreciate!!

Thanks again
Veronica

Old February 5th, 2004, 11:29 PM
st

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:22:55 GMT, "Piper"
wrote:

I saw that the cheapest way to get there is catching the Spirit of
Tasmania,115AUD one way. The virginblue is just a bit more expensive,but the
ship is cool because we can travel by night wiyhout wasting a day. I thought
to spend the 3 days in the north east zone:staying in Launceston.
Ok,so...what we can do/see from there? Cradle Mountain? There's a public bus
or we have to catch a coach tour? Any suggestions will be appreciate!!

I suggest making it to Hobart if you can, one of the prettiest cities
in Australia...

Old February 14th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Michael Carr

"Piper" wrote in message
I saw that the cheapest way to get there is catching the Spirit of
Tasmania,115AUD one way. The virginblue is just a bit more expensive,

Actually, the last time I checked, Virgin Blue fly Mel-Lst for $69 each way
Tuesdays and Wednesdays - other days are $85 and up, depending on how far
ahead you book, but you should get them from 8 weeks or more out.

cheers!