ANOTHER SITE?

Old February 7th, 2004, 08:10 AM
0 O

Default ANOTHER SITE?

Is there an alternative rec cruise site? / A Happier group ?

Old February 7th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Lunyma

Is there an alternative rec cruise site? / A Happier group ?

ROFL!!!!

Old February 7th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Tom & Linda

You're gonna have to start your own.

Good luck.

--Tom

Old February 7th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Paul Motter

I am the president of the company, but I honestly believe this:
CruiseMates (www.cruisemates.com) has the most informative message
boards with the least amount of off-topic cross-talk, back stabbing,
and complainers. If you are looking for accurate cruise information
and friendly people, we are the best boards going.

www.cruisemates.com

We were mention twice on Peter Jenning's World News Tonight last
month, and have been recommended by ABC's talkshow "The View", CNN
Television, New York Times, Wall Street Journal. We are a Forbes
Magazine "Best of the Web" Travel site.

There are also other sites with good message boards:

www.cruisecritic.com
www.cruiseaddicts.com

Old February 7th, 2004, 03:40 PM
RCM

Start your own and I will join you. If you look at the posting that takes
place here it appears the manjority of posts are either bashing the poster,
or changing the topic to jews and homosexuals cruising. It is rare to find
honest questions with honest replies. As proof I am sure the responses to
your post will result in something other than an answer to your simple
question.
By the way searching the newsgroups, I failed to find other cruise boards.
However if you go to cruise-critic.com they have very helpful boards broken
down by itinerary and cruiseline. I get most of my questions answered
there. I come to this board for the comic relief reading the messages of
these clowns. If I can help I will answer questions here but I rarely post
serious questions anymore.

Old February 7th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Charles

In article , RCM
wrote:

if you look at the posting that takes place here it appears the
manjority of posts are either bashing the poster, or changing the
topic to jews and homosexuals cruising. It is rare to find honest
questions with honest replies. As proof I am sure the responses to
your post will result in something other than an answer to your
simple question.

Those posts are by the troll, and they are meant to vandalize the board
by pushing hot buttons and get responses. Unfortunatly there are a
couple of people who don't see the whole picture and think the troll is
amusing or who think they are irritating or poking the trolls by
responding. And even a couple who like the trolls spew. Even if the
troll is a total put on, and not insane, it is a vandal by its course
of action. That is why ignoring it and putting it in a kill file is the
best response. Yes, I know some people are tired of hearing me say that
but if some authors posts are getting you upset, you have the choice of
kill filing them. I think a lot of people have kill filed the troll,
that is why it has increased its garbage output. It is getting more
desperate.

By the way searching the newsgroups, I failed to find other cruise boards.
However if you go to cruise-critic.com they have very helpful boards broken
down by itinerary and cruiseline.

The nature of Usenet, unmoderated newsgroups, is different than
moderated forums like Cruise Critic and Cruisemates. Those have their
place, and I read them too, and have posted on Cruise Critic. Anyone
can post to a newsgroup like r.t.c. and say anything. There is no
censor. We have the control over what we read, although filtering may
be too technical for some people. Usenet is not for everyone, no one is
forced to use it, and there are the moderated and censored web cruise
forums that people can use instead of this newsgroup if they want
someone else to control the discussion, or they don't have the ability,
or desire, to use the filtering that comes with our newsgroup
newsreaders. Those filter tools were put in for a reason!!!

--
Charles
Old February 7th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , RCM
wrote:

[...]

I totally agree, Charles. My killfile keeps growing and it is a pleasure not
to read the posts that are always attacking someone.
Pathetic empty lives with nothing to offer but to pounce on everything
someone that they dislike posts, just because they have a vendetta, want the
spotlight or think that they are amusing by outrageous insults.

-Jean

Old February 7th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Charles

In article , CupCaked
wrote:

In other words, Usenet is for adults, not for crybabies.

No. I think Usenet is best used by people who use the tools available
to seperate the wheat from the chafe. The other forums are probably
better for casual users.

--
Charles
Old February 7th, 2004, 06:35 PM
William W. Wright

Who wants to be happy ?? lol

bill Wright

Old February 7th, 2004, 06:47 PM
RTCReferee

(Paul Motter) wrote:

CruiseMates (
www.cruisemates.com) has the most informative message boards
with the least amount of off-topic cross-talk, back stabbing,
and complainers. If you are looking for accurate cruise information and

friendly people, we are the best boards going.

and

There are also other sites with good message boards:

www.cruisecritic.com
www.cruiseaddicts.com

I have visited and read posts at all the sites that you mention, and I find
certain aspects of these sites infuriating, such as the very slow way in which
pages load, the time-wasting, HUGE and silly and cartoonish pictures that
people post.over and over again, automatically as their "sig line", the boring
"cruise clocks", etc. One site (Cruise Critic) has a roll call section where
half of the posts are simply the word "bump" (to get the particular rollcall
sailing to the top of the list again. Some posters actually brag how many
pages THEIR sailing has. It's juvenile. Each of these bumps is usually
crowded with cartoons and silliness. I want useful information that I can
print out easily and take with me. I am uninterested in social banter like
"hey, Mary, are you gonna wear your plaid shorts this time?". To me, that's
where email comes in, or should.

There is one poster, also on Cruise Critic, though, who can actually cause me
to laugh out loud. I think "NewtoCC" is an incredibly creative, light-hearted
humorist who has a talent that ought to be recognized nationally. The guy is
great.

I value all the various sites, but at least here at RTC things move quickly and
it is very easy to surf the Internet simultaneously, work on spreadsheets, etc.
without having the feeling I'm working in slow motion. I like the complete
absence of graphics.