ANOTHER SITE?

Old February 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Mike Cordelli

Default ANOTHER SITE?

Ahhh, I get it now, it all makes sense, you believe Usenet is best used by
wheat farmers and not anybody else.

In your case the wheat from the mash.

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , CupCaked
wrote:

In other words, Usenet is for adults, not for crybabies.

No. I think Usenet is best used by people who use the tools available
to seperate the wheat from the chafe. The other forums are probably
better for casual users.

--
Charles

Old February 7th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

0 O wrote:

Is there an alternative rec cruise site? / A Happier group ?

I think that RTC has the best information around. If you use your
filters to eliminate the trouble makers, it is a much happier group.

sue

Old February 7th, 2004, 07:28 PM
regensburg

Thanks!

"Paul Motter" wrote in message
om...
I am the president of the company, but I honestly believe this:
CruiseMates (www.cruisemates.com) has the most informative message
boards with the least amount of off-topic cross-talk, back stabbing,
and complainers. If you are looking for accurate cruise information
and friendly people, we are the best boards going.

www.cruisemates.com

We were mention twice on Peter Jenning's World News Tonight last
month, and have been recommended by ABC's talkshow "The View", CNN
Television, New York Times, Wall Street Journal. We are a Forbes
Magazine "Best of the Web" Travel site.

There are also other sites with good message boards:

www.cruisecritic.com
www.cruiseaddicts.com

Old February 7th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Jim

www.cruisemates.com It is a "Internet Cruise Magazine" that is free and
contains news articles, cruise related articles, message boards, reviews,
live chatroom, photos, links to all cruise related information and it is
moderated with rules of behavior that must be followed. This website has
also won awards for content and layout as well as being recommended by many
media sources such as USA Today, Consumer Reports, NY Times, Washington
Post, Chicago Tribune, ABC, NBC, Travel Channel, National Geographic, etc,
etc, etc.
Jim

Old February 7th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Mike Quint

0 O wrote:

Is there an alternative rec cruise site? / A Happier group ?

I think that RTC has the best information around. If you use your
filters to eliminate the trouble makers, it is a much happier group.

sue

Sue
So true, almost every question asked is answered. Most readers here are very
well informed. We have many T/A's here as well as many people who have
multiple cruises. To quote Ray "Any questions, just ask."
I do not use any filters, but I do not read every post either. We are not
graded on what we have just read and being adults, we have the choice to
read what we want.

Mike

Old February 7th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Jeff Coudriet

Paul,

I do enjoy reading the Cruisemates boards, but I also like the Cruise
Critic boards as well. Even though there is a certain amount of chatter
on them, I think I've learned more actual information there than
anywhere else. I religiously check both of course!

Jeff

Old February 8th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Charles

In article , Jeff Coudriet
wrote:

I do enjoy reading the Cruisemates boards, but I also like the Cruise
Critic boards as well. Even though there is a certain amount of chatter
on them, I think I've learned more actual information there than
anywhere else. I religiously check both of course!

I usually only read the Cruise Critic and Cruisemates boards after I
book or when I am in serious book mode. The reason is that their boards
are divided up by cruise line and also they have port boards. That is
when the zeroed in boards like that work for information. Web boards
take a lot more time to go through than a text based newsgroup like
this, and moving between all the divided up boards adds to the time.
The Cruisemates boards are faster because they don't get near as many
posts as Cruise Critic. (that is not a knock on Cruisemates, that is
just the way it is)

Between cruises I prefer the general type cruise discussion that takes
place in this newsgroup. With my text newsreader I can read what
interests me extremely fast. I don't use the mouse at all, just the
space bar and keyboard shortcuts.

--
Charles
Old February 8th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Linsifer

That best describes it for me, too. When I had a cruise planned I was always
over on CruiseCritic or Cruisemates and I met up with some nice people on the
ship from there. But, since I'm VERY much in between cruises, I find RTC more
to my liking.

Lindsay

Old February 8th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Charles

In article , Jim
wrote:

Linsifer and all, We figure we must be doing something right and good
because the trolls hate us VBG

The trolls don't seem to hate you. They hate everyone.

It is all well and good for the President and employees of Cruisemates
to tout your web site and message boards, but of course you would think
they are the best. And when people ask about moderated discussion
boards, commercial web sites like Cruisemates and Cruise Critic should
be mentioned. I read them, not because they are moderated, but because
I like a diversity of information, and as much information as I can
get.

Cruise Critic is best for quantity of information on their message
baoards but I dislike the design and software they use on their boards.
The Cruisemates message board is much better in that regard, but has
less information, because it draws less traffic. (I have no idea why
Cruisemates draws lower traffic -- maybe it flows from when Cruise
Critic was part of AOL?). So I tend to gravitate to the Cruise Critic
boards after I book a cruise. (also I am refering to the message board
areas on both, not the rest of eithers web site)

I am giving you a real review of my opinion as a cruiser of the message
boards area of your site. As for that blurb you and Paul insist on
posting about recomendations of media companies. I think you give too
much weight to those. That is probably good for selling advertising,
but I am not impressed by that, it is a turnoff when you post that
here.

--
Charles