Russian visa questions for UK traveller.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:26 PM
Witchsmeller

Default Russian visa questions for UK traveller.

Hi,

I've just started planning a week-long trip to St. Petersburg in
September. I've just reserved my hostel room & visa support at the St.
Petersburg International hostel via the web. I've downloaded the tourist
visa form but I want to get it right first time & there are a couple of
things I'm unsure about:

Question 8 asks: Which Russian departments or organisations to be
visited?

As a tourist do I put none or do I list the places of interest I intend
to visit?

Question 14 asks: Index & name of the tourist group?

I'm not sure what the Index is & I'm organising my own flight &
accomodation, so I'm not sure what to put?

Question 16 asks: Do you have medical coverage valid in Russia? (check
one) - Official Medical protection plan or Other policy attached for
approval.

Is this refering to standard travel insurance? Is it worth applying for
the official medical protection, if so how would I do this?

Finally the Russian consulate Web site states I must send (along with the
completed visa application form) "an original Tourist Voucher from a
British (Russian) travel agency stamped and signed by an authorized
person".

How do I go about getting this & how much will it cost? I'm based in
Birmingham if it's possible to visit somewhere in person who can
authorise this.

Thanks in advance, Jason.