Accessing this group

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rusty Wilson[_2_]

Default Accessing this group

Hi guys,
I work on cruise ships (and have for a long time), and find many of the
conversations here very interesting. Unfortunately, when at sea, or in
various internet cafes, I can't access the newsgroups, so I'm out of this
"loop". But I'm guessing there's some way to get here via Firefox, no?

If anyone knows the combination to that particular lock, I'd be grateful for
the info.

Thanks,
Rusty Wilson

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Rusty Wilson" wrote:

Hi guys,
I work on cruise ships (and have for a long time), and find many of the
conversations here very interesting. Unfortunately, when at sea, or in
various internet cafes, I can't access the newsgroups, so I'm out of this
"loop". But I'm guessing there's some way to get here via Firefox, no?

If anyone knows the combination to that particular lock, I'd be grateful for
the info.

Thanks,
Rusty Wilson

When I'm on a cruise, I go through google groups.
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Rusty Wilson wrote:
Hi guys,
I work on cruise ships (and have for a long time), and find many of the
conversations here very interesting. Unfortunately, when at sea, or in
various internet cafes, I can't access the newsgroups, so I'm out of this
"loop". But I'm guessing there's some way to get here via Firefox, no?

If anyone knows the combination to that particular lock, I'd be grateful for
the info.

http://groups.google.com/

Search for rec.travel.cruises

~ Peri
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_2_]

Peri wrote:
Rusty Wilson wrote:
Hi guys,
I work on cruise ships (and have for a long time), and find many of
the conversations here very interesting. Unfortunately, when at sea,
or in various internet cafes, I can't access the newsgroups, so I'm
out of this "loop". But I'm guessing there's some way to get here via
Firefox, no?

If anyone knows the combination to that particular lock, I'd be
grateful for the info.

http://groups.google.com/

Search for rec.travel.cruises

~ Peri

I third that! groups.google.com is the most consistent way, although not
the best overall.

Clay

--
Warning: keyboard may cause involuntary vowel movement - Clay Ferriola

Like Ebay? Try Bidnip. Be sure to put in my email as a referrer! I get
free NIPS!!

http://www.bidnip.com/a.php?id=44955 Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

rusty, any web based reader would work for you. besides google groups
there is also mail2web.com. search for rec.travel.cruises and when you find
it bookmark it and you'll always have it. same with google.

Old July 28th, 2008, 05:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Jr." wrote:

"kerry ambler" kerryamblerNO wrote in message
OOPS!!! use
www.news2web.com, then click enter and search for your
group.
"Rusty Wilson" wrote in message
Hi guys,
I work on cruise ships (and have for a long time), and find many of the
conversations here very interesting. Unfortunately, when at sea, or in
various internet cafes, I can't access the newsgroups, so I'm out of
this "loop". But I'm guessing there's some way to get here via Firefox,
no?

If anyone knows the combination to that particular lock, I'd be grateful
for the info.

Thanks,
Rusty Wilson

When I am on a cruise I stay away from computers and cell phones - IT'S
VACATION!!!!

But he's not on vacation. He WORKS on cruise ships.

Anyway I LIKE being on the computer. It's fun. I get very nervous if
I can't be on the computer. Of course I'm retired (and a senior and
on a fixed income) so maybe my opinion doesn't count.
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_4_]

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Jr." wrote:

[...]

No your opinion counts just as everyone's
I was not responding necessarily to the original poster.
I was responding to these people who cannot leave a computer or a cell phone
for 10 days.
How can you call it a vacation if you do the same things you normally do at
work?

Old July 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Jr. wrote:

No your opinion counts just as everyone's
I was not responding necessarily to the original poster.
I was responding to these people who cannot leave a computer or a cell phone
for 10 days.
How can you call it a vacation if you do the same things you normally do at
work?

Hmmm...I thought a vacation was about doing what you WANTED to do rather
than what you HAVE to do.

How about you spend yours your way and I'll enjoy mine my way (which
would most definitely include a computer and my cell phone to stay in
touch with people I love and subjects in which I am interested)?

~ Peri