No more Eurostar ?

Old April 27th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Nick Fisher

Default No more Eurostar ?

Does anyone else think the Eurostar is well overdue for a terrorist
attack ?

In light of the recent AZF and Madrid-Toledo devices, the obvious
method IMO would be to park a fertiliser bomb in a farm trailer on one
of the hundreds of overbridges in Picardy, then drop the bridge on the
train as it passes underneath at 300km/h. Each train carries up to
800 passengers, so it's a big and symbolic hit for the Slammers*.

I for one feel safer exposing myself to the (vanishingly small) risk
of being shot down or blown up while travelling by air.

* "Slammers" - term I saw used recently in a blog to collectively
describe the various Islamo/facist/fruitcakes currently infecting our
world.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Scott Hamlin

gasp That could not possibly happen on the French side. They are against
terrorism. Terrorists would never, ever attack someone that haven't attacked
them. Unless, of course, they are offended by the whole head scarf issue. Or
that the French aren't all radical Muslims. Or that they eat croissants. Or
don't cover their women from head to toe.

om...

Old April 27th, 2004, 09:25 PM
jenn

Scott Hamlin wrote:

gasp That could not possibly happen on the French side. They are against
terrorism. Terrorists would never, ever attack someone that haven't attacked
them. Unless, of course, they are offended by the whole head scarf issue. Or
that the French aren't all radical Muslims. Or that they eat croissants. Or
don't cover their women from head to toe.

ya know --- being against terrorists and going off on a resource
diverting, ego tripping, feckless war against people already neatly
contained are not necessarily the same thing

you have any reason to think the US is safer after the gross
mismanagement and addled leadership which pours our treasure down a
rathole while failing to make plans to actually pursue terrorists or
secure the country? any reason to think the French approach of going
after actual terrorists might not work better?

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:02 PM
JJ

Here in America we call them sand ******s

Why do the call camels ships of the desert?
Because they are full of Iraqi seaman

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:08 PM
David Eerdmans

Nick Fisher wrote in article
. ..
Does anyone else think the Eurostar is well overdue for a terrorist
attack ?

In light of the recent AZF and Madrid-Toledo devices, the obvious
method IMO would be to park a fertiliser bomb in a farm trailer on one
of the hundreds of overbridges in Picardy, then drop the bridge on the
train as it passes underneath at 300km/h. Each train carries up to
800 passengers, so it's a big and symbolic hit for the Slammers*.

The speed is irrelevant. A commuter train, or metro, packed with passengers
is a far more likely terrorist target.

Why do you think terrorists chose to hit commuter trains in Spain instead
of bombing the AVE high speed train?

If you want to be completely safe, avoid trains. But then you should also
avoid planes, busy city streets and squares, large public buildings, sport
arena's, public events.... :-p

Regards,
David

Old April 28th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Tim Challenger

Use your imagination. After 11 Sept. 2001, anything is possible. That
plot was too far out before then to be even considered viable.

What's the first thing everyone does when they start playing MS-Flight
Simulator? They fly the Cesna a bit, then fly the Jumbo around O'Hare and
crash it into one of the towers.

--
Tim C.
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Scott Hamlin

"jenn" wrote in message
Scott Hamlin wrote:

gasp That could not possibly happen on the French side. They are

against
terrorism. Terrorists would never, ever attack someone that haven't

attacked
them. Unless, of course, they are offended by the whole head scarf

issue. Or
that the French aren't all radical Muslims. Or that they eat croissants.

Or
don't cover their women from head to toe.

ya know --- being against terrorists and going off on a resource
diverting, ego tripping, feckless war against people already neatly
contained are not necessarily the same thing

So how do you contain terrorists exactly? You seem to be an expert. Did
Saddam's checks to Palestinian terrorists get stopped at the borders?

you have any reason to think the US is safer after the gross
mismanagement and addled leadership which pours our treasure down a
rathole while failing to make plans to actually pursue terrorists or
secure the country? any reason to think the French approach of going
after actual terrorists might not work better?

The US is safer, of course. And thank you for the phrase mismanagement and
addled leadership - we are still trying to recover from Clinton's
incompetence. The pioneers take the arrows, but only fools would think that
the US is the only target. Wasn't a month or so ago that the French
(somehow) broke up a plot to detonate a bomb inside France. An the French
are about as pro-terrorist you get. Except for maybe John Kerry.

Old April 28th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Scott

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:09:45 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

Use your imagination. After 11 Sept. 2001, anything is possible. That
plot was too far out before then to be even considered viable.

What's the first thing everyone does when they start playing MS-Flight
Simulator? They fly the Cesna a bit, then fly the Jumbo around O'Hare and
crash it into one of the towers.

The first thing I did was try to land at Kai-tak.