Amusing flight attendants

Old June 28th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Mark Hewitt

Default Amusing flight attendants

Flew on easyJet from CPH - NCL yesterday and the flight attendant giving the
announcements was not the usual sort who goes through the same old boring
routine. He had Glasgow accent broader than Rab C. Nesbitt and every time he
made an announcement he had the entire place in fits of laugher with all his
jokes. Made the flight go over much quicker and was much less boring than
usual!

Do other airlines have comedy guys taking care of the flight, or only
easyJet?

Old June 28th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Mark Hewitt" wrote:

Flew on easyJet from CPH - NCL yesterday and the flight attendant giving the
announcements was not the usual sort who goes through the same old boring
routine. He had Glasgow accent broader than Rab C. Nesbitt and every time he
made an announcement he had the entire place in fits of laugher with all his
jokes. Made the flight go over much quicker and was much less boring than
usual!

Do other airlines have comedy guys taking care of the flight, or only
easyJet?

(too) often on U.S. airlines - namely Southwest, and occasionally
westjet in Canada
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Scott

On 2004-06-28, Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article ,
"Mark Hewitt" wrote:

Do other airlines have comedy guys taking care of the flight, or only
easyJet?

(too) often on U.S. airlines - namely Southwest, and occasionally
westjet in Canada

And this weekend we even got one on United Express.
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Ralph

Hi,

Deutsche BA between Stuttgart and Berlin:

"In the unlikely event of an emergency and oxygene masks falling out of
their compartments above your head, grab a mask and pull it over your
face (PAUSE) AND THINK POSITIVE."

Took all the tension away. ;-)

Old June 28th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Martin WY

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:43:36 +0100, "Mark Hewitt"
wrote:

Flew on easyJet from CPH - NCL yesterday and the flight attendant giving the
announcements was not the usual sort who goes through the same old boring
routine. He had Glasgow accent broader than Rab C. Nesbitt and every time he
made an announcement he had the entire place in fits of laugher with all his
jokes. Made the flight go over much quicker and was much less boring than
usual!

Do other airlines have comedy guys taking care of the flight, or only
easyJet?

No and I know this is OT... but. there is one Conductress on TPX
who has her own way of announcing things, and ex York recently she
went ... *Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to MY train. I am very sorry
that I am so crowded today and this may be a little uncomfortable for
you, but our friends at Virgin are having a bit of bother up in
Scotland, and we are assisting them wherver we can, and therefore I do
welcome all the Virgins on my train today!! *Coach A by this
time in much mirth and laughter. I shall do my best to get you to
Manchester and Liverpool as quickly as we can, and we do have a
trolley service onboard this train, alas I have not seen him since
Newcastle, and assume he is marooned somewhere in the central part of
the train, do give him my best wishes if you should see him. After
this, we got,, as luck will have it today, we are arriving in Leeds
etc ..... she also thanked those getting off and hoped they would all
have very pleasant evening!!! Not a complaint onboard in A coach
did I hear after that lot.
So wonder if EJ steward was something similar.
Old June 29th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Cassie

wrote:

Flew on easyJet from CPH - NCL yesterday and the flight attendant giving the
announcements was not the usual sort who goes through the same old boring
routine. He had Glasgow accent broader than Rab C. Nesbitt and every time he
made an announcement he had the entire place in fits of laugher with all his
jokes. Made the flight go over much quicker and was much less boring than
usual!

Do other airlines have comedy guys taking care of the flight, or only
easyJet?

Song (Delta's "JetBlue" spinoff.......) has cutesy
announcements....... they're designed to make the flying experience
more fun and "folksy".

Cassie
Old June 29th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Miss L. Toe

Do other airlines have comedy guys taking care of the flight, or only
easyJet?

I've heard a few the best being:

Smoking is not allowed on this plane, anyone caught smoking in the toilets
will be asked to leave the plane...... IMMEDIATELY. (can;t remember which
airline it was).

But I've also heard a couple of jokes from Pilots - i think that's wrong, I
expect my pilots to be calm and serious all the time, when they start to
sound like they've had a couple to drink I get worried.

Old June 29th, 2004, 04:34 PM
KGB

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:51:02 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article ,
"Mark Hewitt" wrote:

Flew on easyJet from CPH - NCL yesterday and the flight attendant giving the
announcements was not the usual sort who goes through the same old boring
routine. He had Glasgow accent broader than Rab C. Nesbitt and every time he
made an announcement he had the entire place in fits of laugher with all his
jokes. Made the flight go over much quicker and was much less boring than
usual!

Do other airlines have comedy guys taking care of the flight, or only
easyJet?

(too) often on U.S. airlines - namely Southwest, and occasionally
westjet in Canada

Hi

I remember once flying into Las Vegas on flight 201 (AA or Delta - I
forget which).

The obviously new female flight attendant misread the flight number
and said, "We would like to welcome you to flight two thousand and
one" - then instead of correcting herself, continued with, "Orbital
insertion will take place in three minutes."

Regards

KGB

Old June 29th, 2004, 04:34 PM
KGB

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:55:26 +0200, Ralph wrote:

Hi,

Deutsche BA between Stuttgart and Berlin:

"In the unlikely event of an emergency and oxygene masks falling out of
their compartments above your head, grab a mask and pull it over your
face (PAUSE) AND THINK POSITIVE."

Hi

The part that always amuses me is when they say, "In the unlikely
event of a sudden drop in cabin pressure, place the oxygen mask over
your face AND BREATH NORMALLY".

Regards
KGB

Old June 29th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Dave Gresham

wrote:
I remember once flying into Las Vegas on flight 201 (AA or Delta - I
forget which).

The obviously new female flight attendant misread the flight number
and said, "We would like to welcome you to flight two thousand and
one" - then instead of correcting herself, continued with, "Orbital
insertion will take place in three minutes."

I remember flying on Southwest Airlines once from San Diego
to Las Vegas. As we were going down the runway a train
whistle blew as we took off.

Another time, when I was flying back from Las Vegas the
San Diego zoo had a penquin in the main cabin. After
we reached proper altitude the penguin was allowed
to wake down the aisle to the delight of the
passengers.

Dave