Edmonton Canada Buses Spread Bedbugs-Filthy-Like 4th World

Old May 30th, 2013, 04:23 AM posted to calgary.general,ab.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
AvoidDeadmonton

Default Edmonton Canada Buses Spread Bedbugs-Filthy-Like 4th World

Media report that busses of Emonton TRansit have been infested
and spreading bedbuds.

The news article mentioned that bedbugs usually infest hotels.

In other words, another few reasons to avoid diseased Edmonton.

Bedbugs board Edmonton Transit buses
Edmonton Transit fumigated 4 buses so far this year
CBC News
st Updated: May 28, 2013 1:29 PM MT

Bedbugs return to south Edmonton complex
Bedbugs found at 3 library branches

Edmonton Transit dealing with some unwanted passengers — bedbugs.

Four city buses have been fumigated so far this year — the first in February
and three more earlier this month — due to an infestation of the tiny pests.

Transit riders aren't happy with the news.

"They're awful," said Richard Darrah. "They've got to do a lot more to make
sure the buses are clean before putting it out for people to ride."

"That's really gross," said Adrienne Piche. "It makes me feel gross just
sitting on the bus now.

Piche said she has no other option but to take the bus.

"Just stand up I guess. Just deal with it right. That's how it is in
Edmonton."
Buses checked regularly, says ETS

John Sirovyak, ETS director of transit fleet maintenance, said whenever
someone complains of bed bugs on a bus, the vehicle is taken out of service
and checked by a specially trained dog that can detect the insects.

"If there is a complaint and the dog finds them then we (fumigate) it," he
said Monday. "We are doing our due diligence on this stuff and take it
seriously."

Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) are small, flat and oval-shaped insects that feed
on the blood of people and animals.

perts say bed bugs can be found in luxury hotels, resorts, cruise ships and
vehicles, and don't indicate a lack of cleanliness.

The critters usually hitch a ride on people by infesting clothing, bedding or
luggage.

People can be bitten anywhere on the skin, but the itchy bites are most often
found on the face, neck, arms, legs and chest.

Edmonton's buses are cleaned daily and transit riders have nothing to fear,
Sirvyak said.

eally the public shouldn't be all that threatened about it," he said. "We do
inspections continuously as part of our performance process.

There is no reason to have any worries."
With files from Canadian Press
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:26 AM posted to calgary.general,ab.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
KCOM[_3_]

Default Edmonton Canada Buses Spread William Grosvenor-Filthy-Like 4th World

AvoidDeadmonton wrote in
:

FOAD, William "Humpboys" Grosvenor.

--