Philippines Question

Old February 1st, 2010, 12:58 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
peewee

Default Philippines Question

Can anyone please advise what the current tourist renewal visa fees
are for USA Citizen in Phil? What's the cheapest/least hassle way of
handling the bi-monthly renewal for someone planning a long stay?
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Neville MADDEN

peewee wrote in
:

Can anyone please advise what the current tourist renewal visa fees
are for USA Citizen in Phil? What's the cheapest/least hassle way of
handling the bi-monthly renewal for someone planning a long stay?

Varies every time it is renewed. But remember you can only renew up to
12 months then you have to physically leave the country. My wife and I
used this as a reason for trips to Hong Kong and Singapore.

I used to go to the local travel agent and pay 150-200pp for them to
renew my visa. Much easier and no hassles. Usually took 3 -4 days.
Cost .....trying to figure that out is like asking your dog to read
Chinese. It looks it may be 200-300pp but it also seems like it is for
21 days in the beginning (free), then 59 days then after that monthly. I
used to leave my passport with the travel agent and they would phone me
when they automatically renewed it for me to come and pay them. They
could get through the crap without hassles. We tried renewing once and
spent nearly a day doing it.

They want tourists but do everything to deter that concept. Not only the
bureacracy but the **** poor hotels, tourist resorts, facilities and
really everything. Lived there for three years then brought the family
back to Australia.

Neville