Lombardy flowers in April

Old June 16th, 2005, 04:39 PM
McJ

Default Lombardy flowers in April

I'm directing a production of the play "Enchanted April" this summer,
which is set in an Italian villa near Mezzago (Milan province,
Lombardy) in April. There is much talk of an offstage garden and we'd
like to use flowers onstage, as appropriate to the season and region
and we can.

Unfortunately, except for wisteria, most of the flowers mentioned by
type in the play are described as blooming after the visitors leave.
And several hours online have yielded me information on places to stay
in Lombardy, flower shows in Italy and the Bloom Club and Nirvana in
Mezzago. Interesting but not especially useful when I head to the craft
store to pick up silk flowers.

So, can anyone who's actually traveled the region or knows someone who
lives there help me out? What varieties of flowers would be most likely
to be in bloom during April.

My thanks for any assistance.