Prescription pill containers

Old June 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick Ballard

Default Prescription pill containers

How are people handling the requirement to carry prescription meds in
original containers? I take several meds and supplements every day and
usually only carry a couple of weeks supply in those compartmentalized
plastic pill scheduling boxes.

If I carry all of the original prescription bottles, along with
original supplement bottles, it would inflate my carry-on luggage
volume intolerably. I don't want to pack this essential stuff in my
checked luggage.

Does TSA ever really ask for meds ID and proof of prescription?

Dick Ballard

Old June 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Dick Ballard wrote:

How are people handling the requirement to carry prescription meds in
original containers? I take several meds and supplements every day and
usually only carry a couple of weeks supply in those compartmentalized
plastic pill scheduling boxes.

If I carry all of the original prescription bottles, along with
original supplement bottles, it would inflate my carry-on luggage
volume intolerably. I don't want to pack this essential stuff in my
checked luggage.

I would consider putting the RX meds in the carry on and the
non-RX supplements and vitamins, etc., in the suitcase.
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Jun 7, 3:16 pm, Dick Ballard wrote:
How are people handling the requirement to carry prescription meds in
original containers? I take several meds and supplements every day and
usually only carry a couple of weeks supply in those compartmentalized
plastic pill scheduling boxes.

If I carry all of the original prescription bottles, along with
original supplement bottles, it would inflate my carry-on luggage
volume intolerably. I don't want to pack this essential stuff in my
checked luggage.

Does TSA ever really ask for meds ID and proof of prescription?

I make up my daily packages before leaving and keep them in my carry-
on ...I do that so I don't have to recall taking them or having the
airline losing them ... all are soilds so no liquids problem ... When
overseas I keep prescriptions for them with me if there are any
questions about them ... there has never been even a question ...

Old June 7th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article . com,
number6 wrote:

airline losing them ... all are soilds so no liquids problem ... When
overseas I keep prescriptions for them with me if there are any
questions about them ... there has never been even a question ...

Todays little bit of medical trivia for those of you playing at home.
Make sure that all of your hard copy prescriptions include the generic
name. The trade names may not be the same outside North America.
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Donald Newcomb

"Dick Ballard" wrote in message
How are people handling the requirement to carry prescription meds in
original containers?

While I don't carry many meds, what I might suggest is to ask the pharmacist
for an extra sticky label and put the label on a small plastic bag with
enough of the pills for your trip.

--
Donald R. Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old June 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

DH takes 17 different meds. We put the bottles in a large Ziploc bag in
his carryon, as well as his 7-day, 4-daily-section pill case, which we
refilled during the cruise when it was empty.

We didn't have to fly to get to the port, but when we flew to the East
Coast last fall, we took all the bottles and didn't fill his daily pill
case until we arrived at the hotel, just in case the airline had any
issues or concerns. We could have just taken the filled case without
any extra bottles, as we were only gone 5 days that trip, but we wanted
to be safe.

Diva

Old June 8th, 2007, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Frank F. Matthews

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article . com,
number6 wrote:

airline losing them ... all are soilds so no liquids problem ... When
overseas I keep prescriptions for them with me if there are any
questions about them ... there has never been even a question ...

Todays little bit of medical trivia for those of you playing at home.
Make sure that all of your hard copy prescriptions include the generic
name. The trade names may not be the same outside North America.

Or it may simply not be available. When I had my meds stolen in Milan
airport I was only able to replace 4 of the 5 meds. However I was able
to get replacements at pharmacies without seeing a physician.

Old June 8th, 2007, 03:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

Question. We have not cruised in almost a year and have a cruise next month
with no air involved. We both use pill boxes for our meds. Is it still ok to
use pill boxes boarding cruise ships?
Many Thanks
Don

Old June 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Don & Lynn wrote:
Question. We have not cruised in almost a year and have a cruise next month
with no air involved. We both use pill boxes for our meds. Is it still ok to
use pill boxes boarding cruise ships?

Yes as long as you are not flying!

sue
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Sue and Kevin Mullen :

Don & Lynn wrote:
Question. We have not cruised in almost a year and have a cruise next month
with no air involved. We both use pill boxes for our meds. Is it still ok to
use pill boxes boarding cruise ships?

Yes as long as you are not flying!

sue

Doesn't really mean anything. Customs can still hassle you.
--
dillon

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I've never
seen a .sig beat a Sig.