Visit Lisbon (Portugal, Europe)

Old November 4th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Tours4u

Default Visit Lisbon (Portugal, Europe)

Hello!

As many of you may know, Lisbon is becoming a very important destination in
Europe, for many factors, as:

-History: Portugal exists as an independent country since 1143 and was one
of the more importants countries in the 15th and 16th centuries, because of
its world discoveries. For those who didn't know, Portugal discovered
Brazil, the Atlantic Islands of Azores and Madeira, a lot of the coast of
Africa, the maritim way to India and they were the first Europeans to get to
Japan. These are just an example. As a consequence of our wealthy in those
days, we have a lot of monuments that are classified today as World Heritage
Sites by UNESCO!

-Weather: Portugal have a mildy weather and a lot of light during the
Winter. From November to March, it's day until 6 PM and the average
temperature is about 10-20șC. In the other seasons, the weather is very
nice, generally sunny. For an example, we use light clothes from almost
April to October

-Food: One of the best mediterranean cuisine. Very criative, fresh and
substancial! And the fresh abundant fish is delicious (we have about 900 kms
of Atlantic coast, so its easy to understand why the fishing is an important
activity to us).

-Beaches: Very beautiful beaches. The 900 kms coast fact says everything.

-Small Country and easy to explore. Our country looks like a rectangle of
about 600 kms x 200 kms.

-English Speaking: Although our natural language is the Portuguese, in the
big cities, the young population speaks easily english. In the tourism
services and destinations, everyone speaks english.

-A very good portfolio of Hotels and Inns. For all tastes and expectatives!

-Originality and a kind of exotism: How many of you have been heard of
Portugal? So this is a good topic destination when talking with your friends
back at home!

-Warm People: You'll find very hospitality in Portugal.

-Golf Destination: To the lovers of Golf...this is your country!

-Countryside: The interior and small villages of Portugal are very genuine
and you will think, for sure, that you made a time travel!

-Inexpensive destination.

-Low crime.

For all these factors, Lisbon (capital of Portugal) is today the 5th Capital
of the World who receives more conferences and meetings and there is
enquiries that demonstrates that our visitors are giving 9 (from 1 to 10)
about their satisfaction in visiting Lisbon.

Thank you for your time and we hope that we convince you to visit Portugal!

Best Regards
Nuno Tavares

Tours for You
www.toursforyou.pt