A13 to A6 South west of Paris - Best Route?

Old December 8th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Peter Hemmings

Default A13 to A6 South west of Paris - Best Route?

Hi,
A couple of years ago I did this going via A12 N286 A86 A10 and on to
A6.
The main problem was the double A10 coming out of Paris was a bit of a
pain!
Is there a better way (I have a bit of time and do not mind an extra
20minutes of so)?
I have a Michelin Auto route map and noticed a way by going south on
N116 and taking exit 6 via Igny and then on to A10 eastwards then A126
to Junction 4 of A6.
anyone had experience of this area lately?
Thanks
--
Peter Hemmings

Old December 9th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Yves Dessaux

Peter Hemmings a écrit :

Hi,
A couple of years ago I did this going via A12 N286 A86 A10 and on to
A6.
The main problem was the double A10 coming out of Paris was a bit of a
pain!
Is there a better way (I have a bit of time and do not mind an extra
20minutes of so)?
I have a Michelin Auto route map and noticed a way by going south on
N116 and taking exit 6 via Igny and then on to A10 eastwards then A126
to Junction 4 of A6.
anyone had experience of this area lately?
Thanks
--
Peter Hemmings

Bonjour

It strongly depends upon time... I would avoid travelling at peak hours
anyway as the trip may take you 2 hrs!

I would go from A13 to A12 south, then A86 east (though they are heavy
road construction at present; the junction is not easy to find; the best
way is, once on A12, to follow the "Lyon" signs). Then play it easy, go
(i) to N118 south, till you hit the super peripheric, N104 (east). Take
N104 (east) up to A6; (ii) or if trafic is low for instance late at night,
take A86 east till you hit A6.

Cheers,

Yves

Old December 11th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Peter Hemmings

Bon soir Yves,

In message , Yves Dessaux
writes
Peter Hemmings a écrit :

Hi,
A couple of years ago I did this going via A12 N286 A86 A10 and on to
A6.
The main problem was the double A10 coming out of Paris was a bit of a
pain!
Is there a better way (I have a bit of time and do not mind an extra
20minutes of so)?
I have a Michelin Auto route map and noticed a way by going south on
N116 and taking exit 6 via Igny and then on to A10 eastwards then A126
to Junction 4 of A6.
anyone had experience of this area lately?
Thanks
--
Peter Hemmings

Bonjour

It strongly depends upon time... I would avoid travelling at peak hours
anyway as the trip may take you 2 hrs!

OK

I would go from A13 to A12 south, then A86 east (though they are heavy
road construction at present;

this always seems to be true!
the junction is not easy to find; the best
way is, once on A12, to follow the "Lyon" signs).

Could you just confirm that if I follow the "Lyon" signs, it will take
me to N118 south via A86?
Then play it easy, go
(i) to N118 south, till you hit the super peripheric, N104 (east). Take
N104 (east) up to A6;

OK thanks
(ii) or if trafic is low for instance late at night,
take A86 east till you hit A6.

Cheers,

Yves

Thanks for your time
--
Peter Hemmings
Old December 12th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Yves Dessaux

Bonjour Peter,

Peter Hemmings a écrit :

this always seems to be true!

Shared feeeling ;-) !

the junction is not easy to find; the best
way is, once on A12, to follow the "Lyon" signs).

Could you just confirm that if I follow the "Lyon" signs, it will take
me to N118 south via A86?

Yes it will. Be careful though when living A12 for A86. At this place the
exits are "short" + located in a curve. Once you preselected the two right
exit files on A12 south, and once you left A12, use the middle lane as the
right one will take you to N10 and N12 if I am right...

Thanks for your time

My pleasure. BTW warning : A12 trafic is generally heavy and there is a
automated radar located at this place enforcing speed limits. You'll notice
that things have changed in France regarding driving habits. People are
behaving in more civilized way on the roads, and they are driving much
slowlier too. I do not complain about that.

Have a safe trip and a good time in France.

Cheers,

Yves