Changing Flight Penalty?

Old December 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
BeaForoni

Default Changing Flight Penalty?

I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month fron now. I
see by checking the ailine's web site that the flight is way under
booked. Also, I have come to the conclusion that it would be better if
I flew an earlier flight. What type of penalty would I incur if I were
to change the flight? BTW the flight has two legs and I would like to
change both.
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rick Blaine

BeaForoni wrote:

I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month fron now. I
see by checking the ailine's web site that the flight is way under
booked. Also, I have come to the conclusion that it would be better if
I flew an earlier flight. What type of penalty would I incur if I were
to change the flight? BTW the flight has two legs and I would like to
change both.

Call Continental and ask. It's impossible to answer here as no one but you &
Continental know the specific restrictions associated with your ticket.

BTW - The booking level of the flight you are on or interesting in changing to
is almost immaterial.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On 13 Dec, 20:01, Rick Blaine wrote:
BeaForoni wrote:
I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month fron now. I
see by checking the ailine's web site that the flight is way under
booked. Also, I have come to the conclusion that it would be better if
I flew an earlier flight. What type of penalty would I incur if I were
to change the flight? BTW the flight has two legs and I would like to
change both.

Call Continental and ask. It's impossible to answer here as no one but you &
Continental know the specific restrictions associated with your ticket.

BTW - The booking level of the flight you are on or interesting in changing to
is almost immaterial.

One advantage of using a TA is that if you get them to re-book it and
an e-ticket is issued you may not be charged the change fee.
Sometimes airlines just could not be bothered to collect it.

Old December 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air
kjw[_2_]

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:32:38 -0800 (PST), BeaForoni
wrote:

I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month fron now. I
see by checking the ailine's web site that the flight is way under
booked. Also, I have come to the conclusion that it would be better if
I flew an earlier flight. What type of penalty would I incur if I were
to change the flight? BTW the flight has two legs and I would like to
change both.

American would probably issue a credit for the cost of the ticket,
minus a $100 change fee. Then, then trip would be rebooked at
whatever the current airfare is. The number of legs doesn't matter.

Continental probably has a similar policy. Why don't you call them?
Old December 13th, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month from now. I
see by checking the airline's web site that the flight is way under
booked. Also, I have come to the conclusion that it would be better
if I flew an earlier flight. What type of penalty would I incur if I
were to change the flight?

The real answer is what everyone else has said, only Continental can
tell you.

CO typically lets you stand by for earlier flights on the same day at
no extra charge, but you won't know until you get there whether you
got on the earlier flight. They also often have a special rule that
changing your reservation to a flight that leaves within three hours
of your original flight costs only $25. Failing that, it costs $100
plus whatever the difference in ticket price is.

So call them and tell us what they said.

Old December 14th, 2007, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message Larry in AZ
wrote:

Why would anyone do that when they can waste two days looking for an answer
on Usenet..?

Calling an airline can easily take 30-45 minutes (or at least that has
been the case the only times I've ever tried to contact American)

Asking on usenet takes 2-3 minutes to post, then another few minutes to
read up later on -- You don't "waste two days", since you can continue
your life during that "wasted" period.
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:46 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

DevilsPGD wrote:

In message Larry in AZ
wrote:

Why would anyone do that when they can waste two days looking for an answer
on Usenet..?

Calling an airline can easily take 30-45 minutes (or at least that has
been the case the only times I've ever tried to contact American)

Without knowing the fare rules of his ticket, it isn't going to be
possible to get a clear answer on Usenet.
Old December 14th, 2007, 02:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:46:31 -0800 "Mr. Travel" wrote:

:DevilsPGD wrote:

: In message Larry in AZ
: wrote:

:Why would anyone do that when they can waste two days looking for an answer
:on Usenet..?

: Calling an airline can easily take 30-45 minutes (or at least that has
: been the case the only times I've ever tried to contact American)

:Without knowing the fare rules of his ticket, it isn't going to be
:possible to get a clear answer on Usenet.

And even if he gets a response, will he be foolish enough to act on the word
of an anonymous poster?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old December 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Richard[_1_]

Go look up your ticket on the internet and the click on the link " Penalty
Rules" and it will tell you what you want to know.

"Binyamin Dissen" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:46:31 -0800 "Mr. Travel" wrote:

:DevilsPGD wrote:

: In message Larry in AZ

Old December 14th, 2007, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message "Mr. Travel"
wrote:

Without knowing the fare rules of his ticket, it isn't going to be
possible to get a clear answer on Usenet.

Understood -- But in the general case, asking on usenet can often be far
more productive then phoning the company.