A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Air travel
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 02:55:19 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:


That leaves out the US then doesnt it?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...a-is-safer-now

On the other hand...in the UK....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oc...es-fall-halted

Yet...gun ownership in the US is at an all time high...


On the other hand:

US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

England & Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred thousand)

Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) - the
second highest in Europe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years

DaveM


Yes indeed it is. And is rising rapidly

In the UK, before the ACts of 1920..the murder rates in the UK were far
lower. What was it...hummm 1890...(1) murder in London, and that done
with an ax.

The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.

And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.
Which is not bad at all for a country that has universal firearms..some
400,000.000, million of them..and a falling burglary and assault rates
already below those of the UK.

Doesnt speak well for the UK now..does it?

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that,
in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers
and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are
not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.
Gunner Asch
  #2  
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
David Monaghan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:


US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate


England & Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred thousand)


Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) - the
second highest in Europe.


http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years


The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.


And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.


If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.

Which is not bad at all for a country that has universal firearms..some
400,000.000, million of them..


You know, that's the first time I've heard a gun proponent suggesting guns
would be expected to increase the domestic murder rate: Normally the
argument is that guns make life safer.

Anyway, I take your point: If you pretend two thirds of the murders don't
happen, the US murder rate is only 30% higher than England & Wales. I can
see why you're proud.

DaveM
  #3  
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:08:02 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:


US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate


England & Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred thousand)


Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) - the
second highest in Europe.


http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years


The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.


And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.


If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.


So in the UK...the dead dont count? Fascinating world view you
hold.Cold, nasty and brutish..but typically English.

Which is not bad at all for a country that has universal firearms..some
400,000.000, million of them..


You know, that's the first time I've heard a gun proponent suggesting guns
would be expected to increase the domestic murder rate: Normally the
argument is that guns make life safer.

Indeed they do.


Anyway, I take your point: If you pretend two thirds of the murders don't
happen, the US murder rate is only 30% higher than England & Wales. I can
see why you're proud.

Fascinating your attempt to spin. Weak, poorly done, but typical of the
lot.

So I say..about those gun deaths when firearms were readily available to
all Brits....1 in London for the entire year, when gentleman carried a
pistol and ladies had a pistol in their hand muffs...
And now when they are utterly banned...

Seems the English have come totally aglay, eh wot?


DaveM


Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that,
in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers
and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are
not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.
Gunner Asch
  #4  
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 252
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses toturn off their cell phone?

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 02:55:19 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:


That leaves out the US then doesnt it?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...ate-at-lowest-

point-in-decades.-Why-America-is-safer-now

On the other hand...in the UK....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oc...es-fall-halted

Yet...gun ownership in the US is at an all time high...


On the other hand:

US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

England & Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred thousand)

Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) - the
second highest in Europe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years

DaveM


Yes indeed it is. And is rising rapidly


Actually they're going down.

http://www.london24.com/news/crime/
london_crime_rates_city_hall_hopefuls_react_to_fig ures_1_1182980

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
  #5  
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 252
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses toturn off their cell phone?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 03:47:03 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:08:02 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:


US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

England & Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred
thousand)


Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) -
the second highest in Europe.


http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years


The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.


And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.


If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.


So in the UK...the dead dont count? Fascinating world view you
hold.Cold, nasty and brutish..but typically English.



That's the sort of sophistry that gets you a smack in the mouth in most
places.


So I say..about those gun deaths when firearms were readily available to
all Brits....1 in London for the entire year, when gentleman carried a
pistol and ladies had a pistol in their hand muffs... And now when they
are utterly banned...


There's absolutely no evidence at all that people carried guns as a
matter of routine when no licenses were carried, indeed there's some
evidence that nobody carried guns at all outside sportsmen carrying them
to and from getting them repaired..


--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
  #6  
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:31:44 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 03:47:03 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:08:02 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

England & Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred
thousand)

Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) -
the second highest in Europe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years

The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.

And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.

If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.


So in the UK...the dead dont count? Fascinating world view you
hold.Cold, nasty and brutish..but typically English.



That's the sort of sophistry that gets you a smack in the mouth in most
places.


And earns a serious beating in return for that smack.


So I say..about those gun deaths when firearms were readily available to
all Brits....1 in London for the entire year, when gentleman carried a
pistol and ladies had a pistol in their hand muffs... And now when they
are utterly banned...


There's absolutely no evidence at all that people carried guns as a
matter of routine when no licenses were carried, indeed there's some
evidence that nobody carried guns at all outside sportsmen carrying them
to and from getting them repaired..


Laugh laugh laugh...oh of course not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Outrage

"By this time, all those on foot had arrived at the scene where the
motor car had crashed, and Constable Bond borrowed a small revolver from
a member of the crowd " and so forth and so on....
'
http://www.davekopel.com/2a/lawrev/slipperyslope.htm

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2010/tle558-20100221-07.html

Poor Mr Luty.....

http://reason.com/archives/2002/11/0...ome/singlepage


Laddy boyo....your ignorance continues to astound me.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that,
in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers
and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are
not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.
Gunner Asch
  #7  
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:28:18 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:


Actually they're going down.

http://www.london24.com/news/crime/
london_crime_rates_city_hall_hopefuls_react_to_fi gures_1_1182980

--


Actually..not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oc...es-fall-halted

And it appears..that the crime stats have been juggled for quite a
number of years....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1889927.html

"Mr Grayling replied by promising to "take account of the request by the
Statistics Authority, particularly with regard to the changes to
recording practices made in 2002-03".

But he insisted that he would "continue to use recorded crime
statistics, because they reflect an important reality; that the number
of violent crimes reported to police stations, and particularly serious
violent crimes, has increased substantially over the past decade, even
taking into account any changes to data collection"."


Google search.... "gun crime in uk rising"

3,850,000 hits

All indicating gun crime is on a sharp upward rocketing rise.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that,
in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers
and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are
not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.
Gunner Asch
  #8  
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
David Monaghan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 03:47:03 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:08:02 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:


And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.


If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.


So in the UK...the dead dont count? Fascinating world view you
hold.Cold, nasty and brutish..but typically English.


So run it past me again - why would we not count gang members in the US
death rate?

Which is not bad at all for a country that has universal firearms..some
400,000.000, million of them..


You know, that's the first time I've heard a gun proponent suggesting guns
would be expected to increase the domestic murder rate: Normally the
argument is that guns make life safer.


Indeed they do.


So English isn't your first language? You meant if you didn't have guns that
doctored murder rate would be even higher? How much? Double the UK?


Anyway, I take your point: If you pretend two thirds of the murders don't
happen, the US murder rate is only 30% higher than England & Wales. I can
see why you're proud.


So I say..about those gun deaths when firearms were readily available to
all Brits....1 in London for the entire year


That's the second time you've made that claim. It might be possible that the
_City of London_ only had single murder in a Victorian year, but it's known
as "the square mile" for a reason. Even allowing for the much smaller
population then, I don't believe that statistic. Source, please.


DaveM
  #9  
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
678.714.5764
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses toturn off their cell phone?

On 1/20/2012 12:05 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:31:44 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 03:47:03 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:08:02 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:14:41 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

England& Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred
thousand)

Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) -
the second highest in Europe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years

The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.

And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.

If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.

So in the UK...the dead dont count? Fascinating world view you
hold.Cold, nasty and brutish..but typically English.



That's the sort of sophistry that gets you a smack in the mouth in most
places.


And earns a serious beating in return for that smack.


Not from the likes of you.
  #10  
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
678.714.5764
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses toturn off their cell phone?

On 1/19/2012 10:14 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:59:42 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 02:55:19 -0800, Gunner
wrote:


That leaves out the US then doesnt it?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...a-is-safer-now

On the other hand...in the UK....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oc...es-fall-halted

Yet...gun ownership in the US is at an all time high...


On the other hand:

US Murder rate 4.8 per hundred thousand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

England& Wales murder rate 11.5 per million (1.15 per hundred thousand)

Scotland murder rate 21.4 per million (2.14 per hundred thousand) - the
second highest in Europe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...owest-12-years

DaveM


Yes indeed it is. And is rising rapidly

In the UK, before the ACts of 1920..the murder rates in the UK were far
lower. What was it...hummm 1890...(1) murder in London, and that done
with an ax.

The occupied home burglary and assault rates in the UK are magnitudes
higher than in the US.

And a little known fact..if one removes the gang killings where gang
members kill gang members..the US falls to 1.5 per hundred thousand.


Prove it.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone? Gunner Asch[_2_] Air travel 0 January 20th, 2012 07:00 AM
Cell Phone Hazards-Mobile Hazards-Cell Phone Safety-Bio Pro Universal Cell Chip, Purchase from a Bio Pro Consultant, Destress EMF Radiation in Australia, South Africa, United States, New Zealand, and Canada!! [email protected] Asia 0 June 14th, 2007 04:58 AM
Asia-Purchase A Bio Pro Cell Chip for cell phone safety, Health Risks posed by Cell Phone Use, Purchase direct from a Bio Pro Consultant! [email protected] Asia 0 June 6th, 2007 04:04 AM
United States--Purchase A Bio Pro Cell Chip for cell phone safety, Health Risks posed by Cell Phone Use, Purchase direct from a Bio Pro Consultant! [email protected] Europe 0 June 6th, 2007 03:55 AM
Australia-Purchase A Bio Pro Cell Chip for cell phone safety, Health Risks posed by Cell Phone Use, Purchase direct from a Bio Pro Consultant! [email protected] Europe 0 June 6th, 2007 03:53 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.