Security Issue Causes Ship Lockdown !!!

Old July 7th, 2004, 04:53 PM
steinbrenner

Default Security Issue Causes Ship Lockdown !!!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_wplg/2276906

'Homeland Security Issue' Causes Cruise Ship Lockdown

A "homeland security issue" caused the lockdown of a cruise ship docked
in Port Everglades for several hours Tuesday.

Federal Customs agents locked down the Regal Empress cruise ship after
it docked at Terminal 21 at Port Everglades.

The cruise liner arrived at Port Everglades around 8 a.m. Customs
agents noticed a discrepancy in the passenger manifest so they did not
let anyone off the ship until it was resolved, Broward Sheriff's Office
spokesman Jim Lejedal said.

The Regal Empress is operated by Imperial Majesty Cruise Line and can
carry 905 passengers and a crew of 396. The ship specializes in short
cruises from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau in the Bahamas, according to
Imperial Majesty's Web site.

Passengers were supposed to start disembarking around 10 a.m.,
according to Port Everglades' spokeswoman Ellen Kennedy. All the
passengers were off the ship by 10:30 a.m., but they were held in
Terminal 21 because of the "security issue," she said.

Everyone was allowed leave the ship and terminal by 12:30 p.m. The
discrepancy that caused the lock down has not yet been explained.

New passengers normally start boarding at 1 p.m., Kennedy said, but
because of the delay, boarding was pushed back to around 2 p.m.

Old July 7th, 2004, 05:11 PM
villa deauville

Local news reported reason for lockdown.The ship presented their last
cruise manifest and not the latest one

SUNNY

Old July 7th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Dory Samuels

Well perhaps I am being unfair but this ship doesn't seem to be doing
any better than when we were last on it just before they went into
bankruptcy. I still feel I would NOT accept a cruise on this ship if
they paid ME! "All good things come to an end" and I think the end has
come and passed for the Regal Empress.

~Dory~

Old July 10th, 2004, 09:11 PM
villa deauville