Regional scents

Old November 14th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Timmilne

Default Regional scents

I am trying to find out about scents that are disctinctive and
descriptive of certain regions in the USA, specifically:

Badlands, SD
Everglades, FL
Painted Desert, CA / NA
Smokey Mountains, or the Blue Ridge Mountains, NC / VA
Gulf Coast (Texas - Florida)
Sierra Nevada, CA
Thousand Lakes, MN
Grand Teton, WY
New England
Adirondacks, NY

Also, any other destination that might have a distinctive aroma from
its native plants and flowers. Or, if anyone has any stories that evoke
an aroma from a trip, that would be very interesting, too. Any
suggestions would be gratefully received. Many thanks

--
Timmilne
Timmilne's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=212

Old November 14th, 2004, 10:50 AM
alohacyberian

"Timmilne" wrote in message
I am trying to find out about scents that are disctinctive and
descriptive of certain regions in the USA, specifically:

Badlands, SD
Everglades, FL
Painted Desert, CA / NA
Smokey Mountains, or the Blue Ridge Mountains, NC / VA
Gulf Coast (Texas - Florida)
Sierra Nevada, CA
Thousand Lakes, MN
Grand Teton, WY
New England
Adirondacks, NY

Also, any other destination that might have a distinctive aroma from
its native plants and flowers. Or, if anyone has any stories that evoke
an aroma from a trip, that would be very interesting, too. Any
suggestions would be gratefully received. Many thanks

Hawaii has many native floral, plant and wood scents as well as sea scents.
Oh, and I suppose volcano aromas which might be more accurately characterized
as "odors". KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old November 14th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Sarah Banick

"Timmilne" wrote in message

I am trying to find out about scents that are disctinctive and
descriptive of certain regions in the USA, specifically:

Smokey Mountains, or the Blue Ridge Mountains, NC / VA

Mountain Laurel

Old November 14th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Service Tech

"Timmilne" wrote in message

[...]

Interesting Question. I never gave it much thought. I'll surely try to
take notice from now on. All I know at this time is, I know when I'm home
(Houston, TX) when I smell the Mesquete.
--
"ST"
"Everywhere is within walking distance,

Old November 14th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Service Tech wrote:

"Timmilne" wrote in message

[...]

Is it just the BBQ smokers. I rarely see mesquite anywhere near
Houston. Chinese tallow, pine, pecan, or oak yes but mesquite?