****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

Old August 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_2_]

Default ****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:26:25 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 07:52:30 +0200, "Tim C." wrote:

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:27:30 -0500, erilar wrote:

Of course it does.
Did you like the "shepherds pie thing" enough to want to have it again?
If so you can make one. It's easy.

I don't remember whether I liked it enough to make it myself; I just
said I thought I'd eaten it. Is it anything like a pastie?

Only insofar as a meatloaf is like a chilli.

Cathy and Bill live!

--
Tim C.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:16:41 +0200, Martin wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:27:30 -0500, erilar wrote:

Of course it does.
Did you like the "shepherds pie thing" enough to want to have it
again?
If so you can make one. It's easy.

I don't remember whether I liked it enough to make it myself; I just
said I thought I'd eaten it. Is it anything like a pastie?

Only insofar as a meatloaf is like a chilli.

Cathy and Bill live!

I was thinking something similar when I wrote that. :-)

I thought of Meatloaf

We had Spag. Bol. last week.

Never buy mince meat in hot weather.

Now that's got to be a Cathyandbillism.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old August 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
"Mike ............" wrote:

Following up to Tim C.

I'm not sure about frankfurters tbh, but the others are normally raw.

arent frankfurts something thats double cooked?

I imagine those cheap ones that are half cereal are. I don't buy those,
though. I get mine--when I get any--from a butcher shop called The
Butcher Shop where they make great sausage of assorted kinds and have
the best bacon around.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo

Old August 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_4_]

"erilar" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mike ............" wrote:

Following up to Tim C.

I'm not sure about frankfurters tbh, but the others are normally raw.

arent frankfurts something thats double cooked?

I imagine those cheap ones that are half cereal are. I don't buy those,
though. I get mine--when I get any--from a butcher shop called The
Butcher Shop where they make great sausage of assorted kinds and have
the best bacon around.

You *get* them, rather than *buy* them, from the German butcher with whom
you cohabit?
--
JohnT

Old August 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

"JohnT" wrote in message
"erilar" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mike ............" wrote:

Following up to Tim C.

I'm not sure about frankfurters tbh, but the others are normally raw.

arent frankfurts something thats double cooked?

I imagine those cheap ones that are half cereal are. I don't buy those,
though. I get mine--when I get any--from a butcher shop called The
Butcher Shop where they make great sausage of assorted kinds and have
the best bacon around.

You *get* them, rather than *buy* them, from the German butcher with whom
you cohabit?

It's a regular meat market she has going there.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Tim C. wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:14:43 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Tim C. wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:25:19 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Tim C. wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:43:59 -0500, erilar wrote:

erilar wrote:

In article ,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

Do you eat mett when in Germany? I think it's delicious, and no
tomatoes!
Mettwurst?
No, Mett.
Don't know what that is, so it's unlikely.
Raw minced pork.
Trichinosis(or however it's spelled). I would never eat raw pork.
Guess what Mettwurst is made of.
Isn't all sausage "cured" in some manner? (i.e. smoked or chemically
"cooked", if not actually exposed to enough heat to kill harmful organisms?)
No, not really. What about those which are intended to be cooked before
being eaten: bratwurst, gillwurst, frankfurters, English breakfast sausages
.... any number.

You don't consider that "cooking"? ..

What would you call it?

..Anyway, I've never seen "raw"
frankfurters in the U.S. - the package ALWAYS says "fully cooked". Most
other sausages are packaged pre-cooked, also - although you some may be
available either way. (True, most are improved by grilling or heating
in some fashion, but nevertheless many indicate cooking is optional.)

I'm not sure about frankfurters tbh, but the others are normally raw.

My point was that the sausages mentioned in your rebuttal are not
intended to be eaten without cooking. The subject of this diversion of
the thread was eating raw (i.e. uncooked) pork (in sausages or
otherwise).

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Mike ............ wrote:
Following up to Tim C.

I'm not sure about frankfurters tbh, but the others are normally raw.

arent frankfurts something thats double cooked?

Exactly! (But the second "cooking" is a matter of taste, not necessity
- they CAN be eaten straight from the package, and frequently are,
by American teenagers.)
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mike ............ wrote:
Following up to EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

why would you think you would get food poisoning from eating fresh fish
that didnt smell? If a fish seller smells of ammonia, dont buy there.

I was referring to American supermarkets, where meat (and fish) is
tightly wrapped in plastic

i see, I was thinknig of a fresh fish counter, I wouldnt want fish wrapped
in plastic.

Neither would I! ;-) (Which is why I opt for frozen, when those are my
only options.)
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:48:16 -0500, erilar wrote:

In article ,
"Mike ............" wrote:

Following up to Tim C.

I'm not sure about frankfurters tbh, but the others are normally raw.
arent frankfurts something thats double cooked?

I imagine those cheap ones that are half cereal are. I don't buy those,
though. I get mine--when I get any--from a butcher shop called The
Butcher Shop where they make great sausage of assorted kinds and have
the best bacon around.

German frankfurters are always pre-cooked.

So are American! (At least, I've yet to encounter any that are not -
"butcher shop" or no.) It has nothing to do with "filler" or lack
thereof - many people buy only kosher "hot dogs", not for religious
reasons, but because they cannot contain fillers and remain "kosher".
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
"JohnT" wrote:

"erilar" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mike ............" wrote:

Following up to Tim C.

I'm not sure about frankfurters tbh, but the others are normally raw.

arent frankfurts something thats double cooked?

I imagine those cheap ones that are half cereal are. I don't buy those,
though. I get mine--when I get any--from a butcher shop called The
Butcher Shop where they make great sausage of assorted kinds and have
the best bacon around.

You *get* them, rather than *buy* them, from the German butcher with whom
you cohabit?

You stopped being funny some time ago, in case you didn't know.