How do you pass the time on flights?

Old July 30th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Clint

Default How do you pass the time on flights?

Actually, flights, especially those longer ones lasting 3-5 hours are some
of the best places for me to read up on things that I have been putting off.
It's also a good place to do planning work since there's few distractions
compared to a busy office or at home. I get some of my most productive work
done on flights.

Clint
--
Free Spirit Gallery - Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Indian Art
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Steve

"Clint" wrote:
Actually, flights, especially those longer ones lasting 3-5 hours are some
of the best places for me to read up on things that I have been putting off.

Same here. I catch up on months of reading during flights. The
carryon weighs a good 10 pounds less on the way home.

Old July 30th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Cassie

I always carry a Logic Puzzle "magazine" with me........ as you get
into the harder puzzles, some of them can take at least an hour to
solve!

Also, I always have my CD player with me (although it sounds like I
definitely need to get an MP3!....) and several magazines. If I'm
lucky, I'm on a flight that has video and so that's always an option
and then..........I've been "blessed" with the ability to sleep
ANYwhere when I'm tired enough.......

It always amazes me when people get on ANY plane "unprepared". For
example.....I was on a flight from NY to Dallas yesterday that got
delayed because of a big storm in Dallas (and if you saw the news, it
was a doozy! Like a foot of water in less than an hour!.........).
I had grabbed a sandwich from Starbucks before we left because we were
on a regional jet and I knew that we weren't getting any "real"
food........ well.........we were on the ground at JFK for over 3
hours and people were starting to get restless and hungry.........
the bad news was that all the concessions were already closed so the
choice was pretzels or no pretzels. There were so many people upset
about this (and considering a call to Domino's........)
but..........there just wasn't anything that could be done at that
point.

I ALWAYS have food in my bag in case of situations like
these..........ALWAYS. Boxes of raisins, nuts, cookies,
crackers..........just little stuff to tide me over until I can get
REAL food......... You just never know and you just can't expect the
airlines to take care of you anymore..........

Cassie